LSU must not waste the 2017 season on Etling

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 31, 2016.

1. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeez!

Can't get any worse.

Season up the QBs and let's go.

2. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

It's strange. Etling does not look like he has played qb. Seem like a good guy, but can't help having a Spurrier moment. He is simply not a qb.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

WR's didnt help him any tonight.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Start Narcisse and go full triple option. Don't want to do to Brennann what Les did to every QB he could get his dirty little fingers on.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah I've seen enough.

6. Brian

Brian Founding Member

How is putting a true freshman QB behind this offensive line going to help LSU going forward?

We have seen that scenario with FAR more talent around the QB than currently exists right now play out before.. and it was ugly.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Too many of you seem to think QB is the answer to every question. It's understandable because of the past under Les. However as a few have pointed out with the oline as bad as it is even Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers would look bad.
    Winning is built on the office and defensive lines of scrimmage. This year's team seems to have never had a decent Oline. I'll give a pass for the moment to the dline because of injuries BUT why are we so thin. Why have so many supposedly top rated olinemen left in the last year especially Maea or whatever his name is?
    Someone called question to Moffit's strength building effectiveness. I second that. We've been pushed around by Alabama for years and I've seen us lose strength on a relative scale for several years.
    Moffit & Grimes have not shown much recently IMO.
    We can bitch and moan about the QB but unlike in the last few years it's pretty meaningless with the line performance.

8. lsu-i-like

Better QB/WR play would help the line, but the line is shit under Grimes again AND we lost a lot of depth before the season started.

Winston1 likes this.
  9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Understand my theory here.

I'm saying to sacrifice this season to get these young QBs some valuable experience so that we can make a run in 2018.

Why go 8-4 or by some miracle 9-3 with Etling? What do you get out of that? A Citrus Bowl invite?

Don't see the point in that. We'll still end up winning 7 games even with the true freshmen playing.

10. lsu-i-like

I think you try to get him play time but in general he'll learn more from the sidelines than getting his brains bashed in every series.