LSU must not waste the 2017 season on Etling

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 31, 2016.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

After witnessing that interception today, I've seen enough.

It's time to move on and develop the two new QBs and maybe even play both of them next season if warranted.

I simply can't watch us win the first 5 or 6 games only to fall apart offensively in th meat of the schedule.

I know we'd probably be sacrificing a 9-3 or maybe even a 10-2 season, but I'm good with that to try to get one of our incoming freshman up to speed as quickly as possible to compete in 2018 for a national championship.

Take away the two lucky long pass plays in traffic where it was really just jump balls, and the day overall for Etling was underwhelming, against a very mediocre pass defense.

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Not so fast.

Let Canada come in and get working on the QB's. Etling may not have a huge arm, but he has more between the ears than Harris. With Brennan coming in, we'll have a real QB challenge this spring and fall camp.

KyleK, Frogleg, Rouxleaux and 4 others like this.
  3. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I just want to see competent QB play in respect to defense recognition, field and clock awareness, and the ability to get guys lined up where they need to be. Someone with confidence and leadership. If Brennan or Narcisse can't do that coming in, I wouldn't expect to see either of them until they are able to do so.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Qb play is 100x better than what we've seen prior. I have no idea what you're talking about. Your overreactions are mush worse than the Qb play.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

images-31.jpeg 1f21c61101a2f0d28203a88b1a35cfbcd8d9ab8805b55d0f00dc7268a89a1c4f.jpg
    4353209-bm-scarecrow.jpg

Never ever gave 3 pics for stupidity but this post is mind boggling.

Frogleg and fanatic like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah he just didn't have the arm strength to get it out of bounds. QB play has been better than it's been since 2013.

LSUpride123 and HalloweenRun like this.
  7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Agreed it's better, but it's still not good enough and the ceiling for Etling is very low.

And if he isn't trusted to call audibles at the line of scrimmage, then that means they think he's dumb as a box of rocks. So even the mental aspect of his game is lacking.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Wrong. his play has been solid minus the bama game. With a soon new oc and a much less predictable offense we saw a glimpse today with close to 300 yards passing and close to 200 rushing. No one beats bama. We can beat anyone else

Louisville is no slouch. Etling tried to get the ball out of bounds. Smart play if it worked. It didn't. Get over it.

KyleK likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It should be an open competition going into next season may the QB that gives LSU the best chance to win get the nod. I think Etling is smart enough to call an audible i just don't think the staff lets him.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I saw it as a whiff much like the pitcher effing up the toss to first