lsu midfield

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by toux, Oct 17, 2005.

1. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

The eye first appeared in the 80s not long after the song and the Rocky movie came out. There was an "arch" design during the 100th anniversary season. The LSU was there for a few years under Dinardo before the eye reappeared.

2. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

A seismograph placed in the vicinity of any stadium with 50,000 pleople would register something. I hate to be Captain Obvious but let's understand that noise did not cause that. I'm sure that 80,000 people jumping to their feet or just jumping at the same time is the likely cause of the vibrations measured on the seismograph.
    [​IMG]

The neat thing here is that LSU happened to be the first to get a seismograph reading. Clemson will probably try to copy that too, sooner or later.

3. vl100butch

vl100butch Freshman

In the mid 1970's there was nothing on midfield as I recall, I do clearly remember sitting in front of the Golden Girls though!!!!!

:geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige

4. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

For the earthquake game, when they scored at the end of the game, everyone jumped up and yelled. I think when everyone jumped up it shook the stadium and the ground. That is my theory.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The seismograph showed vibrations during the whole game, but there was a really big spike at the moment of the touchdown.

6. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

But I understand, I have a hard time believing things happened before I was born also.

7. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

This is correct, the eye was at midfield when I was a student in the mid-late 80s. :thumb:

8. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Of course your opinion matters.....Now that I know an aubbie is wierded out by the eye, I think we should keep it forever!! :D

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Should we put an eagle there?

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It looks weird to you because it's not being stomped on. By the way, do you think Tubs will make that mistake again? :hihi: