LSU lowering admission standards?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by CParso, Mar 10, 2008.

1. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Well, I still stick to my original post...that aside, somebody needs their as kicked for not doing more for our school. We can start with the Aholes in state government and work our way down. Course we'll have to go back a few years to begin with.

2. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Not directed at you "Krypto"...but that is the lamest bunch of horsechit I have ever heard! I think the biggest problem with Administrations at universities is the lack to use good old "common sense". Even a 4th grader can figure out this is BS. oes along with the same logic as th US Gov paying $10000 for a commode! Bottom line is, they've been getting away with it for so long think we're all stupid and will turn a blind eye, or not care.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

You do know that many parents out there aren't organized enough to manage their own lives, yet you suggest that parents "need" to save for their children's college?

My husband took out loans to graduate from North Texas, and it still took him ten years to graduate because he also worked during the whole time. His parents were (and are) the equivalent of blood-sucking leeches financially, and he not only had to support himself, but also his parents who couldn't take care of themselves.

There are a lot of people out there like that, and we're still paying off his loans (when they are paid off this year, that money will go straight into our daughters' funds.)

I firmly believe that the greatest gift a parent can give a child is their college education (my parents did that for me, though we weren't not affluent, by any means.) We will do that for our daughters, too. But I hope they don't choose some schools like one of my co-worker's sons who feels that he simply MUST study acting in college and simply MUST go to Carnegie-Mellon for $52,000 a year (my co-worker cannot afford to do that, though he is being offered money; it's just a matter of how much.) If my daughters go that route, we may not be able to help them fully--but that would be their choice.

4. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Exactly that was one of my points to the administrators when we requested inf o on why it would cost that much. They could never cite and documents or studies that they come up with that number. This is merely used to shutup the student population when they complained.

Back when i was a student, we made a big nasty stink about why we had to give up that lot near the "cow palace" when they were having a rodeo or 4h show. We made the same complaint about why we had to get out of the parking lots near the stadium for football and baseball games.

5. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

How long is the process supposed to take?

here's the latest plans BTW

[​IMG]

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Obviously those lots were created for events parking and are need to host events. They are made available for general parking when no events are happening.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i value a college ed more than most, but im seriously considering not paying for my son's. what's worse than someone without a college ed? some brat with one that f-ed off and doesnt know $hit.

in the end i'll probably just threaten it, then pay. or maybe pay off the loans after graduation.