LSU lowering admission standards?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by CParso, Mar 10, 2008.

1. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

after reading more on Lombardi, I'm starting to dislike the man. he says tuition is too low at LSU, yet he wants to lower standard so more students can come in and pay a higher tuition.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Maybe if they didnt re-pave the main parking lots during the school year that would help. :dis:

Why is LSU against parking garages? Seems as if that is easily the best solution.

3. Carface

Carface What the...?

I remember reading a year ago that they were going to build some parking garages on campus, including one where the Highland Cafeteria is.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

That would be nice, and I do remember the talk about it. As Red mentioned the fubnding problems could have somethign to do with not having them. It just seems that the lots going down the road by CEBA (whatever its called now) could have been built in a quarter of the space with garages.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Back when I was in school @ LSU (late 80's-early 90's), the word on why parking garages weren't wanted was their lack of aesthetic value--since the campus is so attractive.

I would also think that there could be some traffic jams in the garages themselves at popular classtimes (like 8:30 in the morning, for instance.)

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Parking garages are part of the LSU Master Plan.

1 person likes this.
  7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Cool, thanks Red.

I remember the talk about them but it sounds like funding is still a problem. Glad Im not dealing with that mess. ;) It will be really nice when they are finished though.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

LSU is not yet very good at fundraising & the state isn't giving us enough funding. That leaves us with 3 options - raising tuition, increasing enrollment, or a combination of the two.

Lombardi appears to be striving for a combination of the two, which is what UF, UGA, UT, Texas A&M etc have all done with much success.

I have supreme confidence in Lombardi. Every move I've watched of his is precise & well-calculated.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

LSU was at over 30,000 just a couple years ago - so obviously it can be done. We cannot afford to improve the things you speak of without more money, which will be brought in with the increased enrollment.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

as long as adequate loans are available, i dont see the problem. raise tuition to make lsu better. id prefer it to lowering standards, like others have posted---there are tons of state schools to go to. their should be an elite public univ in LA