LSU is soft, and other articles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Oct 1, 2017.

1. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

TigerTap and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Like it or not these guys help fund your salary. You don't have to kiss their asses but it only makes sense to keep them on your good side. It sounds like Miles wouldn't even reach out with a phone call. These guys like to be kept in the loop. How hard is that to have an affable relationship with them.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Not smart to not play politics; especially when you won’t change your offense.

TigerTap and Bengal B like this.
  4. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Get to big for your britches and you can’t beat the runt down the street. Seems like miles should have been doing more ass kissing. The nome can get away with being a little prick because he wins. Miles lost that bargaining chip

Bengal B and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I am looking at it from the other side. Sure, smooze them, but I have see first hand what big money boosters can do to a program. That's the problem at A&M - drives my docs I work with nuts!

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That was probably one of Les's problems. He didn't do enough schmoozing.
    upload_2017-11-4_16-8-6.jpeg

7. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Les doing just fine, LSU still paying well.

This article & others shows plainly how steeped LSU has become in Politics. It's always had a place at LSU, but this is the worst it's ever been.

Looks like the Catholics are taking over LSU. Too bad they don't have the scratch needed to keep LSU afloat with a very bad "Yes Man" coach. Watch next year..some Big supporters have removed LSU from donations, due to the pitiful happenings in late 2015 & 2016.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  8. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Saban doesn't schmooze at Alabama. No coach at a major University should. Saban hated doing that stupid shit here. He used those stupid jock sniffers as a stepping stone. And now they're pissed.

"Gawd damn that sawed-off Son of a Bitch" - Pulllaro

Coaching search? LOL

“When Coach O was hired as interim,” Netterville said, “we went to him and said, ‘Look, there are a lot of people in our organization that have been turned off by Les Miles.’ I’m not going to get into why or anything, but he’s not real friendly. O, on the other hand, will do anything you ask him to do. So we said, look — I didn’t do this, but the CEO does it — here’s 25 names of people who have been very loyal supporters of football as well as LSU that have kind of disassociated themselves because they couldn’t go to first base with Les Miles. Would you mind calling, just introduce yourself, and say, ‘Welcome. We want you involved,’ and all that? He called five a day."- Jake Netterville LSU TAF

9. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Which article?

ETA - Oh nevermind.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Saban doesn't have to schmooze. He wins too much to have to do it. He could tell the governor or the university president to kiss his ass and they would ask "Which cheek?"