LSU is soft, and other articles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Oct 1, 2017.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

ROY_LA_CA and northernvatiger like this.
  2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  3. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

4. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

I admit I was one of those saying to give him a chance. But, I haven't seen LSU play this poorly in a very long time. I think Coach O was/is better suited to the position he had before Miles was finally canned. He's a great guy to have around, but to run a program is questionable at this point. I also think Canada wasn't a good choice for us. In the beginning when we first learned about him, many of us (including myself) were a little excited - but more for change than for what we actually knew about the guy.

The talent is there. We need coaches who know how to teach these kids to use it. LSU needs the tough defense it has been known for so many years now. What we've seen so far this year is so far removed from recent history, it's shocking. Alabama could very well put 50+ on this LSU team. And LSU has usually been the only SEC team who could hold Alabama to a lower score than anyone else. November 4th is going to be painful, with bets on just how bad it will be. For that matter, I can't see LSU getting another win this season.

Maybe I sound like a "nega-Tiger" now. Hell, can't help but feel negative after seeing what we've seen so far. But, this is our coach for the duration of (at least) this season for sure. All we can do now is hope they get better.

TigerTap, ROY_LA_CA, Brian and 2 others like this.
  5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Read this in another thread. Very disconcerting.

LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

What about those that said all Zer0 needed to do is a) Recruit, which is supposedly his forte' and b) Stay out of the way of his highly paid coordinators, let them do their jobs, and just be a CEO type? All indications are, that's what he's been doing. I know he's the top guy, so he's going to be blamed for lack of success and rightly so, but can't we also sprinkle some blame on the coordinators as well; who both seemingly have free reign to coach/game plan as they see fit?

StaceyO likes this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

He had to recruit and motivate. At least one of those things is an unmitigated failure to this point. I have plenty of criticism for coordinators as well. Two of the highest paid coordinators in college football are getting pantsed and whooped on national tv on the reg; the ghost of Miles.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

You sound like a realist.

MikeInLa likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

That's what I've been saying. The softness is a reflection of the lack of coaching and direction. That's why top coaches are worth almost any amount of money in a top 10 program..

kcal, lsu-i-like and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Eaux is #2 hot seat according to this website, which includes some interesting and scathing commentary:
    http://coacheshotseat.com/