LSU HC Search

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GregLSU, Nov 20, 2016.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Being rumored as a candidate is one thing. Being offered the job is another.
    If you stuck a gun to my head, I would say Baylor would offer him a job over anybody else.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

It was nixed by fking Alexander, our previous governor and our current one. Jbe had declared the university was broke trying to get funding. They thought it would make them look stupid hiring a coach for that much money during that process. Despite the fact they are separate entities.

Then the Les miles pity party began in full. And we bitched out.

I'd be shocked if jimbo fell for their bullshit again but this is his dream job. So maybe he takes the bait regardless.

3. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Yea the whole thing makes no sense to me. If you take it all alone in a vacuum then its one thing but with what went down last year it doesn't seem as though jimbo would be more inclined to jump at the gig.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Politics has always been the main obstacle between lsu football and greatness. And it always will be.

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I don't mind Jimbo being the guy as long as we can keep Aranda. That said, my first pick would be Tom Herman.....but I would still want him to keep Aranda. With Herman and Aranda we would likely have the brightest young minds for defense and offense on staff and would find it hard to believe that we wouldn't be a contender within a few years if not closer to immediately. We lost 10-0 to Alabama this year which means that Aranda's defense limited Bama to 10 points and that was without the benefit of an offense that could stay on the field long enough to give the D a breather. I have a hard time believing that Bama could have shut out a Herman or Fisher led offense.

6. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Herman is my pick if we can pry him away from Texas. He just seems to have more upside and is younger. My issues with Jimbo:

1. I never remember LSU's offense under Jimbo being that innovative or exciting. Hopefully, his success at FSU can translate from the ACC to the SEC.
    2. Seems like he runs the kind of program that can get in trouble with the NCAA. Maybe it was just the Winston years but I worry.

However, we must keep Aranda despite the trouble stopping UF rushing on Saturday.

StaceyO likes this.
  7. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Whoever the new HC is has to understand that we need an innovative Offensive Coordinator. Otherwise firing Miles accomplishes nothing.

TwistedTiger and Tiger in NC like this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Fla game was not bad at every school even Bama players do bonehead shit that either get you beat or make it too close. Coaches did their job Sat players didnt. Dont give me the old "coaches should have had them better prepared" line either. Coaches dont coach players to fumble, muff snaps and hit the wrong hole. Fla is chock full of good atheletes and has a good coach. O should be hired.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  9. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Only two ways I think to guarantee that, either hire him or Eaux as HC.

10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Well you've made it patently obvious over the past week or so that you favor the hiring of O. All of the things you listed point directly to a lack of focus. While some of this can be attributed to players, some of it also has to land on the coaches shoulders too. Orgeron has brought a lot of life into the program after Miles firing. That doesn't necessarily make him the best fit for the long term. I like Herman and Fisher better provided that Aranda stays. If it turns out to be O and he can hire a top tier OC while retaining Aranda then I will be cheering my ass off when they hit the field next year.

lsu-i-like likes this.