LSU Gymnastics Repeat as SEC Champions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Tiger, Mar 26, 2018.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I know....ball buster. Lol

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

So, let me get this straight. You don't follow gymnastics but are quick to point to a scoring system for those you say are "ignorant." You've proven your point about not knowing about gymnastics by linking a scoring system that's designed for Olympic scores--mostly in artistic form. What you're citing here does not apply to collegiate gymnastics...so ya might rethink that ignorant comment.

The scoring in gymnastics carries as much, if not more, of a home mat advantage than any other sport. It's far, far more subjective than any example you tried to cite here as well.

The way Florida was scored in the meet was atrocious. BUT, like mentioned, scoring is subjective...changes each and every week depending on who the judge is during a meet.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Bengal B likes this.
  3. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Me telling him if he was happy in his ignorance was a figure of speech and a nice way of telling him to phuck off. I'll spare you the euphemism.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thank you for proving my point that gymnastics is not a sport.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Euphemism. Wow!! You reached back for that one. If I was a Romanian judge I'd give you a 10.

Bayou Tiger and Bengal B like this.
  6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Then what is it?

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Suggestion: If you're going to tell someone to fuck off, perhaps you should pick a subject you know something about? I guess I could assume you had that link bookmarked for future reference? Er, nope. You went looking for something to throw in Bengal's face...and it resulted in...

epicfail.png

There's no denying they are athletes.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

An activity requiring physicals skills and agility for the purpose of entertaining an audience. Much like circus acrobats or professional wrestling.

Since the scoring is totally subjective depending upon the whims and biases of the scorekeepers it is a lot like an Academy award. Surely you have liked movies that the critics trashed and hated movies that the critics loved.

With any real sport other than boxing when there is no knockout the fans know who won without having to be told.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There is no denying that professional wrestlers and circus acrobats are athletes.

10. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

I know plenty about telling people to phuck off- I get paid to do it. As for your assessment of what I posted you're way off. In fact your posts in this thread are out of character for you but doesn't make a stink to me so suit yourself.