LSU football will win 10 games in 2017

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Jul 8, 2017.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG]
    if ... ? Our writers predict

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/07/lsu_football_will_win_10_games.html

LSU has now gone three straight seasons without winning 10 games. That's the longest stretch since the last time the Tigers made an in-season coaching change:

Can Ed Orgeron, entering his first full season as LSU's head coach, turn the tide? In advance of SEC Media Days kicking off Monday, our writers weigh in with their thoughts for what LSU would need to do to have a 10-win 2017 season.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  2. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I say they do not. I hope I am wrong. But I think with the quality players we lost on defense and with the new offense, 10 wins would be difficult.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

With a bowl game they will play 13 games. If they win the games they will be favored in that should make at least 10 wins.

4. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

If we play 13 games, I'd see where 10 is possible; 9 more likely with 8 even a possibility- especially given our schedule this year. So there you have it- my solid prediction. :D

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Can't see losing a game to weather again.... I hope

Perple likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Back end of the schedule is pretty tough. Lets see if the big O can motivate them

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I have seen the future, LSU will win 9-10 regular season games, and the bowl.

8. msully

msully Founding Member

LSU to lose 4 games

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Don't see it happening. The schedule is fucking brutal this year. And I'm in with Bebe for at least 3 years I feel that is a fair number.

TerryP and Bengal B like this.
  10. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

It's LSU Football prediction time
    http://www.fox8live.com/story/35839...e-and-some-thoughts-on-new-orleans-hamburgers

FFF,....First off, I'll admit it, I was wrong on LSU in 2016. I thought with Fournette in the fold, and a veteran-laden defense, the Tigers would fight for a national title. Well, I was dead-wrong. Miles got fired, and LSU ended their campaign at the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, not in the College Football Playoff.

In 2017, I'm not making the same mistake. Yes, I think the Tigers will win some big games, but they won't be in Atlanta for the SEC Championship Game come December. I just don't think they can win two massive road games in early October and early November. On October 7 LSU will enter "The Swamp" undefeated, and leave with their first loss. The second defeat will come at the hands of the Tide. Alabama owns a six-game winning streak against LSU, and I see it going to seven in Tuscaloosa.

A 10-2 regular season is pretty good in Coach O's first full season as head coach. That's a top-ten ranking, and a New Year's bowl. I know it's all about titles with the fans, but this is a positive if they can finish with only two losses.

[​IMG]
    ... are you guys expecting Mike Vll to be a mature Tiger or a Tiger cub when he arrives in August?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Winston1 likes this.