LSU football loses 4-star 2020 commitment Jaden Navarrette in flip to Oregon - The Advocate

Discussion in 'LSU News' started by LSU News, Apr 19, 2019.

1. LSU News

LSU News TigerForums LSU News Bot

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

he's a better fit for us

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/20...4-athlete-flips-from-lsu-to-oregon-ducks.html

New commit Jaden Navarrette on Oregon Ducks recruiting: ‘The whole staff got involved’

Jaden Navarrette: “The biggest thing was how the coaches want to use me, and how they explained how they’ll use me in the future at different position and be versatile. They want to rush me 60/70 and drop back 40, so I’ll be covering slots. They want to use me at receiver in the redzone also too. They will move me around to defensive end, outside linebacker and possibly in the middle too.”

AN: You were committed to LSU for less than a month. What changed?

JN: "Well, something clicked in my mind. I thought about my family. And LSU is more of a stay-in-the-box and stop the run game. In the Pac-12, everyone is running spread, so the outside linebacker is moving out, dropping into coverage and covering slots. I just think, for me, I’m more of a fast-paced player. I didn’t see myself in a run-game defense at LSU. I would like to cover, rush the passer and cover running backs. It helps me with the future to get developed for the NFL if I get that opportunity.”

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Congrats.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

thanks