LSU/Florida game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Oct 6, 2012.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I think the "Mile's Offensive Plan" is taking it's toll on our recruiting .. in that we no longer attract good receivers.

Ruebin Randle is probably the last real receiver we'll see at LSU, simply because Mile's, or the OC that Miles is supporting refuses to the use receivers as they should be.

It almost pains me to watch other offenses, passing across the middle, utilizing their pass game to losen up the run, then running the ball successfully. And then I see LSU ... screen passes, shit passes, or .. load up and throw it deep. Our first series should have been repreated in the second and third series .. but nope ... we went conservative instead. Mett threw some great passes in the first series, and if not for Kadron Boone, who IMO should ride the pine until he learns to catch the ball, that series may have lead to a TD.

LSU's offense is so predictable, that even Townsen defended it successfully. The recipe is simple .. load the box and stop the run ... and guard against all 3 of our pass plays .. but mostly stop the run, because there's a good chance the receiver will drop the ball.

Playing good old smash mouth football requires a good pass game. Even Lee last year was pretty reliable with the pass, and teams knew it. .. but then Lee had better receivers that Mett has to deal with. .. specifically RR.

Eliminator55 likes this.
  2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Now, I understand your moniker. You are on here just to try to develop support to eliminate Miles. GTFOH. I am tired of your negativity. I can appreciate some criticism, and the offense certainly deserves it, but this is one game. Until today, he had won 18 straight regular season games. The great Cholly Mac never did that. Saban never did that. CLM does not need to go. You need to go. You make some good points sometimes, and CLM is not above criticism, but you never have anything good to say......ever. You really are the Eliminator.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

In-game emotions from too many, esp. too many newbies. Typically, it is still a good place for perspective.

4. Eliminator55

Eliminator55 May God Help Us.

That pseudonym has to be taking into context. I can understand your spin on it though, because I haven't provide any context and willfully chose that screen name. Anyways, I began using "Eliminator" as my username about seven years ago when I delved into online gaming. It was an attempt to maintain continuity throughout my online presence. Video games go untouched by me now, but I've continued the use of that original username. Still, none of this alters the purpose of your criticism. Just wanted to let you know that the use of the screen name had no association with an agenda.

5. N.C.Tiger

N.C.Tiger We push snow in Style

Evening gents, just got back to room in St. Augustine......Was that game just pittyful, I mean PITTYFUL:(

Eliminator55 likes this.
  6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Does our offense practice against our defence? The crap they call on game day cant possibly work in practice.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

I don't think that the crap they call on game day would work against a local Baton Rouge high school.

lsu-i-like likes this.