LSU fans cheer for Tulane?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Sep 19, 2006.

1. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Yeah you guys should have done way more looting and killing. Then you could blame it all on some politician or another.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I would rather die than cheer for Tulane. For me cheering for them would be like kicking yourself in the balls. I hope we score in the tripple digits and they drop football out of the sheer humiliation and the fear that another whooping will follow next year. Screw those punks.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you're getting booed too for sleeping with the enemy. no 5 minutes for either one of you.

thats because you already lived in a fema trailer and no one noticed the difference.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

LOL! That doesn't surprise me! I've become a social outcast!:hihi:

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Don't want to appear insensitive but we aren't talking trees and powerlines, we're tallking plywood and electrical plants scattered across miles. (No pun intended) Don't recall the number of lives lost but as bad as Ivan was Katrina was off the charts in our Nation's catastrophic events.

6. LSUterrill

LSUterrill Founding Member

No way in HELL!!!! I've learned to hate Tulane over the years for the way their sick, twisted fans treated me at LSU vs. Tulane football games... I hope Tulane never wins at anything they play ever again.. Football, Baseball, Basketball, checkers, jump rope, etc......... I will be booing and yelling Tiger-Bait to the top of my lungs Saturday night.... I can care less what they went through because of Katrina.. All of us went through a lot because of Katrina..... Believe what you want, but a majority of Tulane fans (most) HATE us and DISRESPECT us... I wish we could beat them 400 to 0 on Saturday...... I wish we would have kept leaving them off of our schedule. The rivalry is not what it use to be and we gain absolutly nothing by playing them......

:helmet:
    :tigerhead
    :geauxtige
    :eek:ldskule:
    :lsup:
    LSU!

7. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

no offense mr man, did you watch tv after katrina? completely different situations. Ivan was bad no doubt but the widespread human aspect of katrina was much worst. p.s. most people did leave before the storm. some people could not afford to leave. I bet everyone in "LOWER ALABAMA" stayed for Ivan.

8. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

I just nearly spit beer on my laptop reading that. That was classic!!

9. CresentCityTige

CresentCityTige Freshman

Last year when LSU allowed the greenies to use Tiger Stadium to play Southeastern I did not see an outpouring of appreciation from the greenie fans. This year and the next nine LSU will be pouring in a ton of money to the greenie athletic program by playing them in football. Again, I have not seen anything positive come from their fan base if that is what you want to call it. When you talk to them they let you know they love Skip, but that is where the lovin stops. Many will not attend because they pride themselves on never going to BR/LSU. Living in NO I have to deal with them every day. No, I cannot and will not cheer for the greenies.

10. lsu-fan

lsu-fan Freshman

I know by this board's standards I'm new here ... I lost my password, I used to be "lsufan" for a few years. However I think this is the most classless thing I've ever seen posted on a sports forum.

Like most posters I think it's funny when someone posts: "I wouldn't piss on a Auburn fan if he was on fire." I know, like most here, that we would piss on an AU fan if he was on fire ... because it's the decent thing to do. Why watch some poor bastard die because he grew up in another state and went to another school? Most of the time smack talk is just that, meaningless smack. Have LSU fans been nothing but angels to Tulane fans in the past?

Yet, to talk about fellow Louisianians that way is disgraceful. Unless a pack of Tulane fans dragged your mother behind the Dome and beat the hell out of her, I don't see why you wouldn't have empathy for people who lost their homes, family members, and everything they owned. It just seems heartless and cruel, and the fact that it's only about sports makes it shameful. Does anyone here really hate Tulane so much that they would not feel sorry for people who went through Katrina and lost everything? Am I just soft? Or not a "real" fan?

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't believe this is how real tiger fans should present themselves ... even on a message board. :dis: