LSU fans cheer for Tulane?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Sep 19, 2006.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I heard that some fans want to cheer for the Green Wave when they come out of the tunnel.

I think this is a good idea. DOnt get me wrong, I hate TooLame but they showed the world that the Louisiana people and culture will never die. I do respect them for that.

What would it hurt to yell at them all day before the game, during, and after but take a minute to show our neighbors the respect they deserve for their courage.

I just want to know is the majority of LSU fans are going to take part or not.:laflagwav :geauxtige

2. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

I would, if I was there. I was raised a Tulane fan, and I've always been fond of them. Of course, I want LSU to win, and I'm sure they will. But part of me hopes they'll make it a good game.:usaflagwa :geauxtige

3. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

LSU got a lot of attention for how Katrina effected them but it was nothing compared to what Tulane went through. I like the idea.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ill be booing the shiite out of everyone of them. even okie's husband.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Great idea, would show a lot of class to our fellow statesmen. Might make them feel better after the 45-3 whooping we're going to put on them.

6. Crystal_lsu

Crystal_lsu Founding Member

Well lets see I guess I could not Boo them, but cheering for them is asking a bit much........unless I am really drunk and am loving everyone lol.....in which there is a good possibility that will occur:D

7. Kkille1LSU

Kkille1LSU Founding Member

You have to remember that alot of students and alumni are from New Orleans, like myself. Even though I bleed purple and gold just like my grandfather and father before me, I hope the best comes for Tulane. I have many of family and friends that have ties to Tulane. It is and was hard for that school AND others to get back on their feet after the storm. Many teachers and students lost alot from their homes, if not their home completely. Don't forget that many came to LSU for school and we accepted them whole heartedly. These players, coaches, and fans have given alot to see their team back in the city and playing their hearts out (ex. vs. State). We should give them the respect of cheering for them on the way in to Tiger Stadium and on the way out with there tails between their legs.

They thought Katrina hit hard. They never met #30.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I like that one!

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

We are going to try to tailgate with Salty, and my husband is already set to arrive bearing gifts. Booing does not get you gifts. :D

I like the idea of letting Tulane know that LSU respects them for handling what they went through with guts and determination. Plus, it would stun the hell out of a lot of their fans, and keep them from talking about how much they hate LSU for maybe, oh, five minutes. And since I will be sitting among them, that would be appreciated. BTW, I will be the purple and gold in the sea of green and blue. (So I won't be hard to spot.) :thumb:

10. Nothingfaced

Nothingfaced Founding Member

The only thing that bothers me about the entire Katrina ordeal is that the media and everyone else has totally ignored the anniversary of Hurricane Ivan.

It slammed into Gulf shores, alabama on september 16, 2004 as a category 3 hurricane.

It devastated the Alabama coast and caused widespread tree and powerline damage well inland.

I guess its because we actually heeded NHC warnings and evacuated.