LSU best 2 loss team in NCAA Football history

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 5, 2007.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I hear a lot of talk that people (obviously not LSU fans) think USC will pass LSU in the final poll.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Of course they will. Now that ND is persona non grata the media have only one butthole up which to shove their collective nose. They'll be #2 regardless of the outcome of Monday's game and they'll be consensus pre-season #1. The Pac 10 will be a cakewalk next year and Petey only has to win the BCS CG. If there's a God (and a quarterback:wink: ), he'll have to do that against LSU!

3. dubbyg

dubbyg Freshman

I totally agree with SabanFan. I don't think it's a question of whether USC will pass LSU in the polls. The real question is how many underserving first place votes USC will get, no matter what happens in the championship game. It doesn't matter that USC lost to two unranked teams, they are the mighty USC Trojans, and they won the Rose Bowl, so they will get first place votes. It's a given, just like Notre Dame playing in a BCS bowl game, despite not doing anything to deserve it.

4. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

LSU will end the season at #3. The loser of the title game usually gets #2. Unless it were a serious blow out, I expect to see that trend again this year. No way will they move USC from #8 to #3 above LSU. The media has taken notice to how good LSU is. I do however expect USC to leap frog to #4. I believe that is where they belong. They demolished Michigan far more impressively than OSU. Plus with the argument to who should play in the title game, gives them an extra boost. I cant see them surpassing LSU. I know USC is a media darling, but they appear to be very impressed with LSU as well. Now had the game stayed close like the first half when LSU had no D. Then yeah, USC probably passes us.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You have much to learn Grasshopper.

#2 is the reason #1 is wrong. Their minds were made up before LSU even dressed out for the Sugar Bowl.

6. bayou_bandit74

We shall see who the Master is when the final rankings come out. LSU will be ranked higher than USC. Im new to the forum, but not football. Hey, if Im wrong Ill be the first to admit you were right and Im the Grasshopper. Id be surprised if they jumped them that high. I know its USC, so there is always a chance. I just cant rationalize it.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You won't be the only Grasshopper. :lol:

There's no way the Condoms pass us in the final poll.

8. bayou_bandit74

You have it all wrong. Im saying LSU will be ranked above USC. SabanFan said I have much to learn. That USC will surpass LSU. So that is how we have come to the Grasshopper/Master debate.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

That's what I said.

They won't.

10. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

The debate is moot: we finish in the top 3 no matter what. Out of 117 teams, I'd say that's a fair accomplishment.

USC will likely start the 2007 season ranked number one, but I'm expecting them to lose one game next year. They'll, as always, be a very talented team, but I'm expecting an college football season similar to 2003- no one will come out unscathed.