LSU basketball Recruiting (2009)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by artichokes, May 20, 2007.

1. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Haha, I wonder who he is talking about?? But for real, thats great news.

2. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

So whats the guess as to who NJ is still considering - if Xaver is to far away wouldn't that make Nevada to far also? Leaving Charlotte, LSU & who? What about Memphis & Louisville?

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Memphis? I haven't seen Memphis listed in his options (or Louisville for that matter). If he is withdrawing from USC b/c of their turmoil, why would he consider Memphis given that they lost their coach and are now being scrutinized by the NCAA?

4. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

I agree.. Just that Scout still has Memphis & Louisville Listed... I suspect that list on Scout is Pre USC withdrawal.... Seems they never update.. I remember they still had Brandon Mitchell listed under LSU basketball prospects even after he had signed with Arkansas Football...

5. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Interesting. I saw that news as well. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's not the first time that Trent has in public alluded to doing well with a recruit. He talked about visiting Demarcus Cousins and others. I guess the difference is this time he actually says "we're in good shape".

Nevertheless, the more interesting story is that the Tiger Tour was in Atlanta on Thursday night, and as far as I can tell noone's talked about a Noel Johnson sighting at LSU. So, did Trent do an in-home visit instead while on the Tour? Is Noel still doing an official at LSU? :huh:

Inquiring minds want to know.

6. TGer'nLHornLand

The other team that has been mentioned is UConn, by Noel's dad. But, keep in mind that GA Tech and Georgia are home town teams that would not need an official visit to sway NJ. GA Tech would love to get him but has just about as full of a roster as you could get. GA has the home state advantage, and probably plenty of room, but first year coach in a Trent Johnson disciple (Fox) and a year in year out doormat for the SEC East? Why not go with the original coach and go to LSU? :yelwink2:

I don't really think Charlotte is in it right now. I think it's down to LSU and GA Tech. Perhaps, some other school we haven't heard of yet and a visit about to happen, but that school wouldn't have as much going for it as the others. Let's hope that Trent is right about this one. LSU makes the most sense for Noel.

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Excellent observations. I am with you, I would think he needs to visit the campus, see the facilities, etc. before making a sound decision. I guess they all could have met on Thursday at NJs home, then still had a visit scheduled at LSU for the weekend. He would garner and deserve that type of attention, so that would be my guess. 3-4 straight days of one on one across borders could be fairly convincing, if in fact that is what is going on.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Noel sighting at Walk-ons tonight.

LSU is on the clock with a decision coming any time in the next 2 days. I am guessing 2 days based on his dad's comments about wanting a decision within a week so he can start summer school.

Could LSU be the last visit?:popcorn:

9. TGer'nLHornLand

Great scoop thanks. I'm sighing a small sigh of relief.

This is also in... GA Tech So 6-9 F, Gani Lawal, has officially withdrawn his name from the draft and is coming back to GA Tech. I have no idea how they signed 6 guys this year, b/c they have a roster of 14 kids now, and only 4 are seniors. How do they have the room for NJ? :huh: Walk-ons and kids that can have their schollies yanked?

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets sophomore forward Gani Lawal to withdraw from draft - ESPN

Yeah, I don't know if the Johnson family can squeeze in another visit. The dad's statement is a little arbitrary, but summer school dates are not. When does LSU's summer session start?

C'mon, Noel, commit to 'em Tigahs! :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Session B classes start on the 29th and the last day to add courses is the July 6th.

The 6th would be the absolute latest deadline to get classes scheduled.