LSU basketball and Coach Will Wade thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stevescookin, Oct 4, 2017.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It’s crazy that there is still an off-chance to make the Tourney. WW has done a great job in year one. Let’s win at least one to ensure NIT birth.

2. lsu-i-like

Refs were more balanced than they’ve been on the road. There was one play where MOOU rode Reath or Epps and no foul was called, but it seemed like they let both sides play pretty much. Refs have been awful biased on the road.

stevescookin likes this.
  3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

The fact that refs are biased on the road (in both college and the pros) is the home field advantage. A hostile crowd has more of an effect on the refs than the visiting team players.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

Well, LSU has a first round bye; 6PMCST Thursday vs MOOU. Winner plays Tennessee 6PMCST Friday. Might be able to grab a win against MOOU; they’ll probably want payback but I think we matchup pretty good. We lost by 20+ to Tennessee, but that was the game 4 players were pulled because of discipline. If we can get there I think we have a shot.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    HoopHound and stevescookin like this.
  5. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

Pretty much like the difference between Johnny Jones and Will Wade.

WW has the "IT" factor. He'll have this thing going next season.

BTW, I went to more basketball games than football this year. (The atmosphere in Tiger Stadium has degraded so much, that it's very easy to stay away)

I can't stand and will not tolerate all that obnoxious/annoying/irritating Piped-In music. If I want to hear recorded music, I'll go see a Saints game. I want to hear TGBFTL when I walk into TS and nothing else.

Brian and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

Not sure who thinks that is a great idea, probably whoever paid to install it.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I agree. In the name of $$$$, the students have been almost completely eliminated from football games since the days when they were allowed 1/4 of the lower bowl and just had to show a valid student ID to get in. Gone are the days when the students stood the entire game and the noise in Death Valley actually intimidated opposing teams.

The TAF has made it so expensive to go to games that the stadium is filled with someone's elderly corporate customers instead of raucous tiger fans that have to stay home and watch on TV.

What a shame.

Everyone likes to hate on aTm, but at least they take care of their students and don't have a half empty stadium after halftime.

lsu-i-like and Winston1 like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

ATM is rich. I’d like to see a return on investment if we’re going to sacrifice the environment. TV doesn’t help the environment, but there is so much money.

9. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

Goo d to hear Wade and the kids have you going to games. So much more fun to have a pumped up fan base rocking the Pistol Pete center.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Joe lunardi
    Mississippi State/LSU: Winner of this second-round game must reach SEC final

(to make the dance)

stevescookin and lsu-i-like like this.