LSU basketball and Coach Will Wade thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stevescookin, Oct 4, 2017.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Well played...

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You don't know how much I enjoyed that article. I was at that game and had forgotten all about the fight. My friends and I used to go at 4:00 to every home game with our school backpacks. Dale Brown used to come over and talk to us after the women's game while we did our homework. He called us the front row lunatics. He knew us and remembered what subjects we had tests in. Dale Brown would inspire us to do well in school...He really cared.

The fight was on the other side of the court from us but if it was right in front of us, I'm sure we would have been involved. After all, we were lunatics in the front row !!

GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  3. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

SI has the tigers in its bubble watch mainly thanks to those 7 Q1 wins. Work to do still but doable stuff.
    Who was that guy who wandered in and suggested it might be possible for Wade to get this bottom feeder SEC team into the tournament ? Oh right, that was me !
    Hope the stars continue to allign. Hes a good coach and works hard to make the program stronger.

4. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

In reading that article on Dale Brown earlier, Wade reminds me a bit of him

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Not sure if you're aware but Joe Lunardi is the only projection that matters.

6. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I hope I wasn't forseeing the future :(

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

$5 is a few bucks, $54,000 is not,.. fuck the cheaters, send em packin, they have no honor,.. play by the rules, period.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    stevescookin likes this.
  10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

The thing I don't understand is that basketball has been an historically underperforming and underattended sport at LSU. it seems that there's not much pressure to immediately turn the basketball into a national powerhouse overnight or return it to former glory. If it's not connected to the federal investigation of the payola by the sports agents, what's the benefit to risk Wade's career by engaging in major rules infractions ??

It's not like there's the pressure of unrealistic expectations like there might be in football.

Is the NCAA just investigating Wade or is it LSU that's being looked at? I have a feeling that this is the result of an individual allegation from a competing coach kinda like the Lester Earl BS.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    shane0911 likes this.