LSU basketball and Coach Will Wade thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stevescookin, Oct 4, 2017.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Reminiscent of the Les Miles photo finishes. WW shouldn’t get a pass on this one.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

WW said they didn't have nearly the focus and intensity they had vs Houston. Said we lost long before Epps last shot.

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

That’s true, Coach Wade. It’s clear he’s playing with one hand behind his back, and Waters made a lot of freshman moves this afternoon, but you gotta win this game. Oh well, not the worst loss in the world, just disappointing.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

WW didn't miss that layup. I thought LSU put intense pressure on SFA...that's how basketball games go. It came down to the last 4 seconds. What a game...just went the other way.

Indiana just beat Notre Dame who barely missed a more than half court 3 pointer, inbounding the ball from their own baseline with 2 seconds left.

Same kind of game.

5. lsu-i-like

No coach ever misses a layup. We played lackadaisical the whole game, that’s on WW. No doubt it’s on the players too, and it’s too early to expect much, but this is a game we should have won.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I the postgame show WW said that he didn't have the team prepared properly and the loss was on him.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

A good coach takes the blame.
    Epps took the blame
    Waters took the blame too.

Bottom line...the last second miss cost us the game regardless of effort during the game or preparation before it.

We should have won it though.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Brian

Brian Founding Member

That was a horrendous FOURTH charging call on Skylar Mays negating a basket and basically nullifying our best scorer on the night. He was unstoppable around the rim, but guy has to avoid charges. The fourth was clearly an obvious blocking foul and should have been an And 1 situation that late in the game I think puts it away.

Poor finish for the Tigers. They had zero focus and poor defense as usual.

Plus? Tremont Waters with ice in his veins for that almost dagger NBA three at the end.

Reminds me of a young Chris Paul.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

What is positive is everyone is recognizing what they could have done better and taking responsibility. That is the first step in building accountability and getting these young guys to work and focus harder. When CW came in he mentioned the lack of effort and the mindset of playing at a championship level. It seems they may be starting to understand that there are no easy wins. Sometimes a loss is part of the growing process.

Brian, HoopHound, ParadiseiNC and 2 others like this.
  10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I'm very unimpressed with the defensive effort I'm seeing throughout most games. 3 and 4 are fun to watch however.

Brian, Pjoe and lsu-i-like like this.