LSU basketball and Coach Will Wade thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stevescookin, Oct 4, 2017.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I think WW is the right coach for LSU, and as I said, I love both schools. I would love to see LSU become a factor in hoops, and W can bring the Tigers to that level.

stevescookin likes this.
  2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

We are the backwaters of basketball. This is a great opportunity for Coach Wade to build up a program from the bottom. The SEC is a legitimate conference in basketball and, unlike football, it can be realistically turned around because you only need 5 to 8 excellent players on scholarship.

If Wade wants to be the next Calipari or Krichefsky he has the opportunity to make his name first right here at LSU.

He should build up our program and maintain it for a decent bunch of years because it sounds like he's been moving around quickly so far.

northernvatiger likes this.
  3. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

Dark days but Sonny was entertaining at least. Grant had the biggest impact with a little hindsight. Smart rode his ponies as far as they would take him. Would love to have kept Wade as he threw out the gimmick schemes and reinstituted real basketball but that boy knew he needed a higher stage to do what he wanted to do so now he's there.

4. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

Rode Barkley for all he was worth.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Nice win (97-84, now 5-2) this evening. Looked sloppy and still won without problem. Waters finished first in rebounds (both teams) and got a double-double (first of any LSU player this season) and Duop got 30. Mays looked good too and other nice performances in support.

stevescookin and Brian like this.
  6. stevescookin

I really love LSU basketball. I can't stand it when we suck. Last year was miserable for me. Sounds like we have a good coach.

I live around UNO and get to go to a lot of their games. Not a lot of people go and the AD, the coach and the players all recognize me and know me by name. They're fun to watch. I really want to go to some LSU games this year with my son who is in his junior year in engineering up there.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. stevescookin

In 1973, it was my first LSU b-ball season and it was Dale Brown's first year as a coach. My friends and I went to every game that year. We went at 4:00 and sat at mid court in the first couple of rows and watched the wimmens play first. We brought our books and did our homework during that game and Coach Dale Brown used to come talk with us during the men's shoot around every game. He used to call us the front row lunatics and remembered what tests i had during the week. He was like my dad and used to encourage me and my friends about school. He really took a personal interest in us because attendance was bad and we were the only ones that went early to all the games. He was such a great person to us.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Y'all were famous. I remember Dale talking about the front row lunatics on his radio show.

Brian, lsu-i-like and GregLSU like this.
  9. stevescookin

10. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

Liking how Will is bringing them along. Love how he is flexible with the off and fed and is molding it to the kids. Our new coach can't bring himself to admit it needs to be done. Wade will continue to tweak all season and you will see the result each week.

lsu-i-like likes this.