LSU basketball and Coach Will Wade thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stevescookin, Oct 4, 2017.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Great job by the Tigers to erase a 9-point deficit in the last 5 minutes to get the win. I am familiar with Will Wade, and he has the potential to do some great things at LSU. I also follow VCU (where I attended undergrad; I attended LSU for grad school), and wish Wade would have stayed at VCU for more than 2 years. He took VCU to the NCAA Tournament both years, adding to VCU having made the tourney for 7 straight years overall starting with Shaka Smart.

Looks like Wade is doing a terrific job motivating the team so far. Changes were most certainly needed.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I didn't know they were 9 points down. I fell asleep and missed the last 10 minutes or so. When I saw the opponent was Michigan I thought we were going to get murdered. Then when I saw we were only a 4 point dog it dawned on me that this might not be the Michigan of past years. I wonder who Les was rooting for.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Sounds like Michigan has been slow starters, but they were still a tough out. Maybe we made them look good, but it really looked like they were coached well. But so did LSU. It was a scrap; Michigan hit LSU answered, LSU hit Michigan answered.

TheRealist likes this.
  4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Michigan was a sweet 16 team last year. In almost positive.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I’ve heard that stated, and also that they may not quite be that good this go round (really too early to tell where everyone falls out). I’d think at a minimum this is a strong win that Johnny Jones wouldn’t have delivered.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

lsu-i-like and TheRealist like this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I know he bitched about defense after the Samford game. They were working their butts off on D last night.

HoopHound, lsu-i-like and TheRealist like this.
  8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I got to see a few minutes of the game and you can easily tell they are much better coached now.

The announcer for that game is really high on us and thinks we are going to have a really good season.

Brian and TheRealist like this.
  9. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

I dont Think you will be cellar dwellers in the SEC. Wade will get the best from these kids. They buy that it's the details that make th e difference. Thats huge 3 games in.

10. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

It really is night and day coaching wise. There are not many times when they look confused.

Brian and stevescookin like this.