LSU Basketball 2022-2023

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

of course they should have kept wade. of course! AHHHHH I am angry about it! those dumbshits!

anyways, I pay fairly close attention to basketball recruiting. there is a guy named cooper flagg who is a 6'8 white monster who does everything including blocking everything and being a strongman and dunking over everyone. its weird, he doesn't have the typical white skillset. anyways he is going to duke and will be the first overall draft pick. I bring him up because he plays for the top HS team in the country, montverde, which is is basically a basketball factory. a million NBA players went there. their current PG is LSU signee Curtis givens. he is the guy feeding Cooper flagg. they have two PG really but givens is the one coming to LSU.

I watched parts of his most recent game

givens looks good. long and moves with the ball well. i like these players that play for these juggernaut programs like montverde (Ben Simmons) and oak hill academy (cam Thomas). they are playing at low college level already, so they come in with better experience.

next year I dunno if cook stays? I don't really understand who has what eligibility with the virus year.

if cook leaves, then your PG next year are Mike williams and freshman Curtis givens. that's fine. I really think modern basketball has made the PG more important than ever, because everyone starts their half court offense with high picks for the PG and he decides who gets it, the wings or the picking rolling guy etc.

the other incoming guy, the big, is pretty awesome and interestingly the flaw in his game is his lazy motor. the story is that if McMahon can energize this guy he will be a real player and an NBA prospect. or he might be lazy and not care. who knows.

saturday after the early LSU ARK game a friend and I are driving to Hammond to see our old friend will wade coach vs southeastern at 330. should be fun.

kcal likes this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

big win today. team is hitting on all cylinders.

cook did not start. I think coach was sending him a message to look to pass first and stop flinging up triples off the dribble. it worked. ball movement was excellent.

arkansas is having a tough year. amazing they are so bad. last year I would have called them an up and coming powerhouse.

gonna need to be thermonuclear blazing hot to beat tenn, they are elite, final four level squad.

season is going as well as anyone could have hoped for.

kcal likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

LSU is a 14.5 point dog 2moro in knoxville

while LSU will need to be truly magnificent to win I think they will at least stay within 10 or so

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

helluva run by coach MM and the team. two consecutive wins vs ranked teams.

earlier I said I hated Hannibal because he cannot shoot. I was stupid and he has proven to be a massive contributor by doing everything except score. maybe the best rebounding little guy I ever seen. and plays harder than anyone else I can remember. he is 100 % at all times. super strong, super energy, all over the court. I was an idiot to say he should be benched.

dare say it? NCAA bubble? easy wins next week? could it happen?

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm starting to believe they can make the tournament and even win a first round game. It would have been easy to fold last night, played very good defense in the first half but couldn't take advantage on the offensive end, then seeing UK get hot and put up a big lead early in the second half. But this team is gritty and doesn't quit.

shane0911 and Jmg like this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Just read that the $100,000 fine LSU got for fans storming the court the other night goes to UK (opposing team gets the money in a conference game, non-conference it goes to a conference scholarship fund). WTF is the logic for that rule? Usually if fines are levied in sports something beneficial is done with the money.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

that was a bummer. I think the looked exhausted from the KY effort. I think poor shooting is sometimes a fuction of tired legs. could not make a 3, and state packs it in to stop dribble drives. bouncing it inside means a turnover vs them. they are not a good offense, but they push you around.

I say Gatorade and naps for a few days, need rest.

ward has an injury, that's bad. hope its a thigh bruise.

lack of cook available for minutes is exhausting the guards.

kcal likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

So @Jmg are we in or out?

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

well we are definitely out and not close to the bubble right now. but the good news is that the schedule could not be more advantageous because all 4 remaining games are very very winnable and I think we should be favored in all of them.

GA, lost to them at Athens in a last second miss

ark, destroyed them

vandy, was easy win

Mizzou, haven't played them yet but they are terrible.

so we can inch closer to the bubble by winning each of these games. if we win all 4 we should be very very close to in at 10-8 and 18-13.

if we win 3 of 4, still should be close, but likely out. maybe a few wins in the SEC tourney would get us in?

lose 2 of the 4 and no chance.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

whew that was a close one!

the candle of hope for the NCAAs still burns!

win 3 more vs shit teams and I feel like it could happen! surely after winning these next two easy ones we will start showing up in bracket predictions as the last team out or bubble teams. then a decent showing in the SEC tourney, who knows.

also an intriging thing that could happen is that they lose a game and dont make the tourney, and mcneese loses to a vastly inferior team in their conference tournament (very unlikely but possible) and gets a NIT game, that game might be in baton rouge. it could happen!