LSU Basketball 2022-2023

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 2, 2022.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

agree… it was bad…

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

2-22 from 3 point range.

this team has a giant Jalen cook sized hole in it. the guards are not ball handlers. they are shooters, not 1PG guards, but 2SG guards. decent moving with the ball, but not nearly enough to be primary ball handlers, to organize anything. the guards are all off the ball players.

coach knows that neither wright nor Stewart can handle the ball, so he forced Williams into action. and Williams is at best a combo guard, and his defense is all effort and no experience. he got burned terribly by that Syracuse guy. so badly that they had to bring in Hannibal, who cannot shoot, and loves nothing more than to drive to the basket and take a wild circus miss.

I am also concerned that baker is not an SEC level athlete.

if cook was starting with Williams backing him up it would make everyone better.

in happier news, I like what ward and especially reed are doing. priority this year should be keeping them happy enough to return next year.

before I wanted to be on the bubble come tournament time. as of now I would be happy being just 2 games under 500 in the SEC

kcal likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Apparently not very good ones

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

baker is not a good athlete. he can shoot, but he cant dribble great, and his defense is lazy and slow and unathletic.

the best hope for this team is for Collins to play up to his tremendous athletic potential, and ward and reed to be solid, and Williams to very quickly how to run offense. all Stewart and wright need to do is come in and make shots.

wilkinson is solid. fountain tries hard. reed and ward are fine. Hannibal is a disaster.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

coach MacMahon the NCAA and cook:

"For Jalen Cook we’re still waiting. He meets all the criteria and we’re certainly hoping for good news on his appeal," McMahon said after LSU's win over Southeastern on Friday. "I don’t know what the holdup is."

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

"its really been a disappointing process" - coach McMahon today on NCAA on Jalen cook

"I cant believe we don't have finality on this, he meets all the criteria" - coach

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

iits gonna be long season.cant rebound, cant get an offense gong, too slow on defense, cant handle the ball

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Jalen cook is FREEEEEE

court shenanigans vs the NCAA

shane0911 and Hou-duco like this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

post game interview,coach confirmed Jalen cook will be dressed and playing in the rockets arena in Houston Saturday morning vs texas

this turns definite disaster of a season into mildly hopeful its huge. cook is the exact player they need and is ready, has been practicing all year.

mctiger, tigermark and shane0911 like this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I love your enthusiasm bro