LSU Baseball vs. UC Irvine - BR Super Regional, Game 3

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by OkieTigerTK, Jun 8, 2008.

1. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Welcome Pic!! What are dressed chili fritos? Are they the same as frito chili pie?

2. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, this is my sister, she is the picture taker in our family. Welcome to the board Suzette.

Yeah, it is the same thing as chili pie, except when we make chili fritos we put the fritos, then chili, then cheese, then lettuce and tomatos and pickles. It is so good, I wish I was gonna be at my sisters house tonight.

:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige

3. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

The home plate umpire in the first game was horrible...his strike zone floated around the plate like a perot in the atlantic ocean.

If it is that second base umpire behind the plate tonite,maybe we will get the close calls ...since he has had to hear how bad he blew that call.

i hope at least one tiger fan said something like" hey ump ,have you seen the replays to know how badly you blew that call.Maybe you should actually be looking at the play before you make a call like that again"

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

we have to kiss the box goodbye with a win. how bad ass would it be if nick pontiff were to hit a dinger to seal the deal. anyone got any insight on whomever is taking the hill for the eaters tonight? :geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm in Boston. I wonder if I'll get the game on the Deuce?

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

plus, he said mitchell and the pitcher hit the bag at basically the same time (mitchell was called safe), when it wasnt really that close (he was atleast a foot away from the bag when the ball got there).

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

That was in slow motion replay though. Then the player at first had the ball then stepped on the bag. Usually the ump can cheat a little and hear when the ball is caught in the glove while watching the runner. For this situation, it happened really really quick in real time.

9. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Well, I don't believe the yellow jerseys or purple shirts won the game for us yesterday.

I was trying to get a lot done yeserday so I kept running in the house to check on the game. The last time I checked it was 7-2 and not looking good. I went back outside and several minutes later found one of my dogs laying still in his kennel. When I picked him up he was lifeless. I rushed him over to the hose hoping he was overheated but he had already taken his last breath.

He was 16 years old and had lived a good life. Of course he was named Tiger and had been part of our family even before our kids were born. I spent the next several hours cleaning him up, building a box, and digging a hole where the kids wanted him buried.

After we said goodbye and covered the hole, I went back inside having no idea how the game had ended. Instead of just checking the score, I decided to read the entire thread from the point I had left the game. When we scored to make the game 7-3 and then 7-4, I was happy to see that we had not quit and made it a close game.

As I continued the score changed to 7-5, 7-6, and then 7-7. With all that had happened I couldn't believe we had tied the score. A few messages later I read 8-7, then 9-7, then FINAL! I couldn't believe the comeback. (Not that I doubted our Tigers...but the timing on such a crappy day was unreal)

I walked into the kitchen looked at my wife and kids and said...Although Tiger is gone, he gave us a going away gift....the Tigers won!

They had to ask if I was serious. I said yes and that he pulled some strings in heaven. Believe what you want but I think my little furball made it happen! :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  10. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I wonder if they will allow the fans to walk the field after the game?