LSU @ AtM Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

He lived off Saban? Miles was there for 12 years and averaged 11 wins until his last 2 years. How could he have lived off of Saban for 12 years?

TigerTap likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He is from the era when you needed a club to kill your breakfast

furduknfish and CajunlostinCali like this.
  3. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Saban is that good.

5. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I watched it and 3 screen plays versus a defense that was rushing 7 players numerous times.

You have to do something to counteract the rush. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Our oline was getting gang raped and we kept doing the same thing over and over.

i was raised by a football coach and worked my way through college as a football manager working for Offensive co-ordinators, Linebackers coaches , wide receiver coaches and our offenses while i was in college were ranked high in every category.

I know what a well executed gameplan looks like and when your getting your ass blitzed unmercifully you better throw some plays to slow them down.

No misdirection or imagination in this offense and we dont have an experienced qb so you have to do something to help these young guys.

Watch the Orgeron interview after the game. He was highly critical of the offensive coaches for their gameplan and adjustments.
    I watched every freaking play. What game were you watching. Liberty versus school for the blind ( your school )

LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

OK let's see the caveman was on earth roughly 2 million years ago which means I was drawing up plays on the walls of my cave close to 2 million years before you were born. Even a caveman knows more about football than you.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Did you ever have to tackle Fred Flintstone?

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

If you ever played and or talked to any decent college football coaches like I do they would all tell you that a true freshman QB can only run maybe 40% of the offense. I talked to a couple ex coaches this weekend they both said as much. Not only did I watch the game I understood why we looked not so good on offense.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

No I didn't tackle him but I nailed Wilma, ya ba da ba doo.

Winston1 and Bengal B like this.
  10. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I disagree. You have the son of a NFL QB that has been around football his whole life. And if TJ Finley is the QB we recruited he is supposed to be able to run the offense

I have been around coaches my whole life.

The reason our qb's didnt look good wasnt they cant run the offense it was that they were under siege before they could even get set up. Our oline was being dominated,

There are a few things you can do to counteract this and we simply did not have those plays in the gameplan.

Screens , draws, Trap plays, Misdirection , etc. And did you see our qb on a rollout even once that was planned. Only if he was running for his life.

We just dont use that type of play in our running attack and we could learn from Alabama how to run a proper screen pass because they run it to perfection.

Where are the short crossing routes across the middle that we lived on last year.

All im saying is use the tools at our disposal. And if you are a college freshman you have been playing football for awhile. You should know how to run an offense by now. It shouldnt be that new to you.

Bengal B and lsu-i-like like this.