LSU at Auburn Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Oct 1, 2022.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Are the receivers truly not getting open, or is JD unable to see/throw into tight windows? Either way, it’s bad on this staff. I thought BK would be more innovative.

2. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Could be both but that goes back to an apparent lack of timing routes, quick slants and fly patterns where you mostly throw to a spot and the receiver has to get there. I am not seeing any/much of that.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

8/20 for 80 yards. That’s awful. That’s on the coaches.

HalloweenRun and APPTiger like this.
  4. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

Seeing Auburn fans meltdown on various internet sites the following morning brings me great satisfaction. Last year's loss at home has been avenged.

StaceyO, LSU_4_LIFE, kcal and 4 others like this.
  5. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I do not like how long he is holding the ball. Reminds me of JJ. Just throw your guy open or run with it, too much time thinking is what we have been seeing from this QB position.
    I do like the heart of this team to keep playing when down. It seems like all 3 games against better competition they played for 60 minutes coming out on top in 2 of them. Could be inexperience playing together, new coaching stuff or whatever, but if we can play a clean first half who knows what could happen.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That was uglier than a bowling shoe but a win is a win.

We aren't very good. Hope Banks is okay.

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Last I saw, he was discharged and would return with team last night. Hoping for a full quick recovery.

GiantDuckFan, TBTrumpet and shane0911 like this.
  8. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

It's shows we're an average SEC team that is going to struggle for wins. Daniels is still trying to find the balance between when to run and when to throw. The OL is a work in progress. They're completely a brand new unit and it takes time to gel. The wide receivers are talented, but Daniels can't hit them when they're open, doesn't know how to throw them open or he simply can't see them when they're open. Once again, Bech was not a part of the offensive plan. That's a headscratcher! DL has been a little disappointing, but LBs playing solid. Secondary way too many busted coverages and Sage Ryan needs to step up his play big time. UT is going to be a monster and if we don't raise our level of play, they may run us out of the stadium by halftime. Lots to improve on!

Hou-duco and Winston1 like this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Unfortunately I haven’t had much of an opportunity to watch the games so my comments rely on what is said here and in media. On balance we’re a middle of the road team and the talent level is much below previous years. Thank coach Eaux. It seems the secondary is well below DBU standards and there isn’t much that can be done until we upgrade standards. Same for QB neither JD or Nuss is top tier and the line is a work in progress, though I’m hopeful we are getting better every week. Hopefully Emery can build on last night as we need a RB to step up. The receivers are a hot mess with talent being under used and under performing. Likewise special teams is a mess, whether due to coaching or talent isn’t clear….perhaps both.
    On the very positive side this team plays for 60 minutes and gets stronger in the second half. Likewise the coaches seem to make excellent adjustments at halftime. These bode well for the future. We are also recruiting very well in positions of need. That tells me BK and his staff are working a plan and doing it well.
    I don’t think anyone really understood how badly we had degraded last year. Remember we had on 38 scholarship athletes for the bowl. I think what we see on the field is a direct consequence of that. The SEC West is a moshe pit this year (ask Jimbo) and even with our deficiencies we should be competitive in every game with the possible exception of the gumps. If we win half our remaining games I think it will be a positive start.

GiantDuckFan, Zackardo and TBTrumpet like this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Special teams is a direct reflection of how depleted our roster is. I don't know the number but we are well short of 85.

We have everything we need except a decent OL and a QB. Daniels is ok at best and honestly, I'm ready to move on and let Nuss have his turn. It won't happen until JD is hurt badly (he's left every game so far so it's coming). Hard to fault Nuss when he doesn't take the majority of snaps with the 1's.