LSU at AUBURN 6pm ESPN

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Sep 17, 2012.

1. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

Come on clemson

lsu_dane likes this.
  2. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

And Arizona.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Just because you pour syrup on shit don't make it pancakes.

Richdog likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

Dear Les,

Please let the honey badger back on the team. I now know why he smoked so much weed. It's the play calling. I smoked 4 bowls by myself in the 4th quarter. It's the only thing that kept me from potentially stubbing my toe on the coffee table while throwing my flip flp at the television. Anyway, congrats on the win. Geaux Tigers.

5. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Who's saying LSUs offense was pancakes? My only argument is that they played better than Auburns offense. Which is backed up by the fact that they got double the yards. Both sucked, but one CLEARLY sucked worse than the other. Same on defense, both looked good but one CLEARLY looked better. The game was only close because of LSUs mistakes and this being a young team in key areas.

I understand the desire to be down on our offense after this game, I am too. But don't try and spin it more than it is. We have work to do. But not as much as Auburn does.

gyver likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

I'm not really trying to spin anything. I'm just saying that I thought both offenses played terrible. Auburn didn't have as many yards, true, but they also didn't give up many points. They made plays when they had to and they stopped us on 3rd down 9 straight times. 9 straight times. In my opinion their defense out played our offense, just as well as our defense out played their offense. I don't care about yards. Again, yards don't mean a thing if you can't turn them into points.

7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

LSU should have easily won this game. Its all about mental errors. Last week it was the D, this week the O. IMO thats a clear reflection on coaching. Ill always be a LSU fan but Im just not sold on Miles. He lost me again after the BCSCG last year and this year isnt helping. I understand that we lost a lot of talent last year. I understand we arent quite as good overall as last year but these last two weeks were mental errors. Also the play calling is atrocious and still predictable as can be. Sure we throwing the ball more but its the same predicatable passes.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yoi cant throw the ball deep when your qb is running for his life. LSU could have thrown for 400 yards with just average pass protection. The OL got manhandled in pass protection and Mett isnt a seasoned veteran. He looked like a rookie when pressured. If the OL has a good game its a blow out.

Pintoracer and gynojunkie like this.
  9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Calvin Johnson couldnt have helped LSU last night.....unless he could play left tackle

cjeane likes this.
  10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I get what your saying. I agree with what your saying. But the fact still remains its easy to load the box and keep everyone close to the LOS because they know LSU wont throw beyond 5-8 yards. If LSU would try that it would open it up more. Sure the OL does need to hold blocks better. I agree they havent performed all that well but still. The play calling has to change to help out. THey both go hand in hand.

gynojunkie likes this.