LSU at AUBURN 6pm ESPN

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Sep 17, 2012.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Got no problem with this game. Please try to be rational and not a fan.

LSUTiga likes this.
  2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Great win because of the defensive effort. LSU went to the pass a lot in the second half without much result. I'm kind of thinking LSU doesn't have a go to receiver this year. It's all a bit of luck...

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Observations:
    It was one sloppy ugly game by LSU, but there is both good and bad. I'm surprised that such a deep and talented team loses one OL and and the whole line goes to sh!t. I thought we were deeper than that, but Josh D should never play another snap at tackle. Mett has loads and loads of talent, but still looks like a rookie when any pressure is applied. His pocket presence is poor, his running is atrocious and he looks scared to death with any rush. He is inexperienced and should improve with more play, but it gets much much tougher really soon. Did I mention he is very very talented. He is definitely strong armed and accurate. Hope he sticks around next year. The D is once again very good, but there is some drop off from last year at DT. Not nearly as disruptive up the middle which allows the RB's to chip the DE's. The good news is it doesn't matter how many blockers you put on our starting DE's, they consistently beat the blockers.

What scares me is that AU is a very very average SEC team. SC, Fl, A&M and that other team are all teams on our schedule that are much better. Even Moo U should be a better team. The offense really only had one scoring drive. The OL and Mett better step it up big time if LSU plans on sniffing Miami. If the OL had trouble with AU's DE's just think about what SC will put on the field. The penalties and TO's have to go away. One more practice game and then a very tough 4 game stretch that will tell us tons about the team. The talent is there and it is a win, but it also showed some HUGE holes that have to be patched in order to compete for an SEC title. The coaching staff has a lot of work to do before Florida!

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

LSU does not run play action. Simply not in the play book.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

At this point, I'm starting to think Miami is out of the question unless some changes are made on the offensive line and in the play calling department.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yes I did. Was yelling at the tv.

gyver likes this.
  7. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Don't understand why not...

8. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

We finally have a passer only to find out we don't have a big time receiver. OBJ is good but undersized/weight. Wright, Landry, Boone are all about the same size but Wright the tallest is only 6'2". What we need is a 6'4", 6'5" WR that can go up over corners.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I still think that 2008 just really fucked Les Miles up. He has basically said that if we lose we are going to lose by being out physical'd. We aren't going to lose throwing the football. If we can't run on you we don't deserve to win. We just out-talented Auburn in this game, we damn sure didn't out play them or out coach them.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

lol. I noticed too. He needs a makeover.