LSU 19 straight seasons with 8 wins

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Yeah I remember Hudson

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

You must be a defeatist and nihilist. Every game you have a blow up and start 3-4 threads complaining about this or that. I honestly wonder how you find any joy in watching LSU.

What you refuse to understand is that LSU is improving. Are there things that need to be worked on, hell yes. However, things are improving. The kids are playing hard, they are growing a culture here again. We are still several players away from truly competing with Bama and Clemson, but LSU is on the level of all the other top tier teams. That is a huge improvement from the last few years of Miles. As for the fence around Louisiana, yes, O is doing better. Miles was losing several players yearly that we wanted and often needed. If we lose just ONE player then that's a huge improvement. Recruiting is no science, getting players you need and fit your system are far more important than just 4 or 5 stars who don't fit. With that in mind, O is doing a very good job.

Brian, lsu-i-like and Bengal B like this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Man I appreciate your effort but even you compliments suck. 8 wins, with a 13 game schedule, ain't all that, really. We just finished a 10 win season and fans are calling for coaching changes.

COTiger and Brian like this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Your common sense is mot so common anymore. Keep up the positive and correct assessment of our coaches and players a breath of fresh air here.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Not true on the recruiting. Coaching change in 2016 hurt us in recruiting that year as it ALWAYS does at any program. 2017 was not top 5 and 2018 was not a good year in Louisiana. This is only the 2nd year for O as a fulltime HC and he is doing great filling needs. Next year will be a year to judge but if you are expecting a NC that may take another couple of years.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Every year Eaux’s record has improved, which still gives me hope. He does a lot right.

7. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Dang, Some of you need to lighten up. This year exceeded all expectations. O was on the hot seat and expected to be fired mid-season. With all the injuries, suspensions, lack of depth in O line, no real stud at RB (see previous) and some other places, I'd give this coaching staff an A minus or B plus at a minimum. We just beat a higher ranked team that hadn't lost in two years..... with almost no defensive backfield players.

Eight wins or better a year, every year in the most competitive division of the most competitive conference should make you proud.
    It's great to have have higher expectations but get some perspective.

Looks like needs are being met through recruiting and things are actually looking up. IF you want to bitch about something, bitch about stupid penalties, bad choices and lack of discipline on and off the field. And be grateful, we're not Ole Miss, Vandy, Tenn., Miss St., ARK......

I'd give O two more years to beat Bama and four for a Natty, then start the tar and feather parade.
    BTW, Burreaux is one Tough MF, Did you see the hits he took against UCF?

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Isn't that a prerequisite to being a LSU "fan"?

APPTiger likes this.