LSU 15th in Coaches Poll

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Sep 4, 2018.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I still don’t put a lot of stock in rankings right now. Like vball said, Just win.

ParadiseiNC, Frogleg and didit like this.
  2. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Because that's exactly how it works. And it's gotten worse the last 15 years.

3. BP

BP Founding Member

Oh my God. You are a conspiracy theorist.

4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I can’t explain it other than South Carolina and Florida were already getting votes in the preseason rankings. Which I think are ridiculous (preseason rankings) but they have to put someone in there. Outside the top 4 or 5 it really doesn’t matter.

Edit: I will say that I do feel like the Pac 12 gets no respect. But I’ll add that they need to do something to earn it. Go schedule and win some big games and clean up their bowl record. As talked about before they should find a sponsor to host a big season opener out west every year. I’d love to go to an LSU game in the Rose bowl. Or even a home and home with USC in the Coliseum. I stay up Saturday nights for Pac 12 after dark, but that’s because I’m a college football junkie. The average fan isn’t. The PAC 12 needs to do something to get their brand back on the map. It just hasn’t been the same since the departure of Carol at USC and Kelly at Oregon.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    Winston1 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

That's right should stating taking poles after 4 games.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

That one's easy. Penn St needed OT vs Appalachian st. Mich st needed a last minute catch to set up the go ahead score vs Utah St. And USC gave up 300 yards rushing to Unlv. Nor did they cover.

Stanford and Oregon both covered as big favorites meaning they exceeded expectations. As did south Carolina.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  7. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

It's business, not a conspiracy.

"You know...if we got 2 Ranked teams on da TV, dat would be betta than one."

GiantDuckFan and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  8. BP

BP Founding Member

Explain to me, please, who is convincing the Chicago Tribune reporter, or the Western Michigan AD to rate teams favorable to ESPN and what's in it for the reporter or AD? And there or what 50 people doing the ranking in each poll, maybe more, and no one is spilling the beans that the polls are rigged?

Bengal B likes this.
  9. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

I believe they are given "Suggestions" by their editors to pump up TV games. The newspaper writers get to actually watch these games & write more on them. It's Primetime on a Big 3 Network. It' benefits the guy from Chicago to write about a team many people saw play in Primetime.

Look at the split this week: AP LSU #11, Coaches LSU #15. Coaches don't gave it write columns.

There is something though you could call a small conspiracy, I suppose. LSU #1 loses we drop 6 spots. Alabama loses they drip 1 or 2 spots. A sportswriter I know, said Alabama has a much bigger market than LSU. So it's good business for them.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Which is why IMO, Pedo and MSt should be ranked even lower if that's the measure. Find me an SEC team who wins....and then drops spots. It doesn't happen very often, if ever. Washington probably doesn't belong in the top 10.

Against what teams again? I'm marginally okay with furd and Oregon....but Sakerlina moving in to the top 25 because they beat Coastal Carolina? Lol.