Lott is admitting to one mistake when he really means another

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tom, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Tom

Tom Founding Member

A lot of people don't seem to buy Lott's apology anymore than the Armey apology about Barney Frank (where he called Frank a fag). The bottom line is lowlifes like Armey and Lott know they made a mistake alright, but not the one they admitted to. There is no evidence in their political history why they should feel any other way than they expressed to begin with. THEIR MISTAKE which I'm sure they would freely admit to...IS GETTING CAUGHT and having to take the political fallout. These extremist right wingnuts don't have a clue what the mainstream of the US is all about. Instead, they have made their political capital with the politics of hate, blaming other people for their own poor policies, etc. They are the heart and soul of the GOP, which is ironic, because that tells you right there, that there is NO soul in that party.

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

That is exactly what mainstream America feels Tom. You just got the wrong party. Most of mainstream America despises the LIBERAL left-wing nuts of the Democratic Party. Now there's a party with no soul, since they have nothing but the most vile contempt for everything about America's Judeo-Christian heritage. Politics of hate is exclusively their domain. These are the people who run campaign ads saying black churches will burn if Republicans were elected. I'll give you a few examples of left-wing hate speech that our so-called unbiased, professional media have decided are not as important as Lott's humoring of Strom Thurmond.

"Some thoughts on these angry voters. Ask parents of any two-year-old and they can tell you about those temper tantrums: the stomping feet, the rolling eyes, the screaming.....Imagine a nation full of uncontrolled, two-year-old rage. The voters had a temper tantrum last week....Parenting and governing don't have to be dirty words: the nation can't be run by an angry two-year-old."

-Peter Jennings estimation of the intelligence and thought process of the American electorate after the sweeping GOP victories of 1994.

"I would be happy to give him (Clinton) a blow job just to thank him for keeping abortion legal. I think American women should be lining up with their presidential kneepads on to show their gratitude for keeping the theocracy off our backs."

-Time Magazine reporter Nina Burleigh said this on July 20th, 1998. Obviously she has no use for her dignity, since she lost her humanity a long time ago. Let the slaughter of unborn children continue!

"The man is on the Court. You know, I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like so many black men do, of heart disease. Well, that's how I feel. He is an absolutely reprehensible person."

-USA Today's Julianne Malveaux's comments on the PBS program To The Contrary from 11/4/94. Shall we care to explore her innermost feelings toward the black race, since we are so earnestly questioning Senator Lott's?

A few years later, on To The Contrary, this exchange between Linda Chavez and Bonnie Erbe (host) on the issue of the 2nd Amendment occured.

LC: "If you're someone like me, who lives out in a rural area-if someone breaks into my house and wants to murder or rape me or steal off of my property, it'll take half an hour for a policeman to get to me....Thousands of lives are saved by people being able to protect themselves."

BE: "And if you look at the statistics, I would bet that you have a greater chance of being struck by lightning, Linda, than living where you live, and at your age, being raped. Sorry."

Apparently, it's still okay to degrade women, as long as a liberal woman is doing the degrading.

And who can forget the irreplaceable Robert Byrd, who was caught just two years ago letting the N-word slip from his lips. A man who once proudly wore the white sheet. Republican? NAH! The senior DEMOCRATIC senator from West Virginia.

So Tom, if you're going to bash the GOP on race issues and hate speech, the party that believes in freedom and equality for all Americans so much it once started a war that left 600,000 Americans dead and nearly ripped the country to pieces, make sure to pass around equal amounts of scorn, if you are the moderate you say you are. I'll agree 100% that Trent Lott put his foot in his mouth BIGTIME! But one comment meant to humor and laud Sen. Thurmond more than anything else does not a closet Klansman make. I'd be willing to bet if we hauled out the skeletons in the closets of both parties concerning race issues, the Democratic Party would be the one that would fill the most cemeteries. That's even with the shameless pandering to black interests that has gone on for the last 40 years. I guess we can all see the party that has a guilty conscience.

3. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

tommy girl, your hero daschle said Lott's apology is just fine

"One Democrat, outgoing Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle of South Dakota, defended Lott on Monday, saying he accepted Lott's explanation that he hadn't meant for the remarks to be interpreted as they were.

"There are a lot of times when he and I go to the microphone and would like to say things we meant to say differently, and I'm sure this was one of those cases for him, as well," Daschle said"

4. NORTHTEXHORN

NORTHTEXHORN Founding Member

Great post jetstorm and couldnt agree on all points more! Kudos! NTH

5. Tom

Tom Founding Member

>>Most of mainstream America despises the LIBERAL left-wing nuts of the Democratic Party.

Of course, that is YOUR appraisal of "liberal". Liberal to you apparently means 1) workers be damned 2) environment be damned...hey, it's only air and water 3) science by damned...global warming really isn't occuring, the earth is just getting warming on a worldwide basis, etc. Oh, and let's not forget getting government out of private business. Private business should be able to fraudulently account their assets and liabilities anyway they want to, right?

>>Now there's a party with no soul, since they have nothing but the most vile contempt for everything about America's Judeo-Christian heritage.

Total nonsense. What the party does try to do is to adhere to Constitutional principles of the separation of church and state. An example: If Islam was the primary religion of this country and Pat Robertson was a Christian, do you REALLY think he would be pushing for organized prayer in public schools? I know the answer to that question. The bottom line is government should be based upon moral principles but not necessarily any religion's tenets. That is what is meant by separation of church and state.

>>I'll agree 100% that Trent Lott put his foot in his mouth BIGTIME! But one comment meant to humor and laud Sen. Thurmond more than anything else does not a closet Klansman make.

Read the new thread I started...at least TWO times basically saying the same thing. Oh, but that one was a slip also, right?

I read some of your ISOLATED examples that not only didn't come from Democratic Party members in all cases, but of course, I'm assuming they were even said. I judge people anyway by actions, not words. Trent Lott and the ultra-right wing of the elephant men have consistently made laws favoring big business, restricting workers' rights, paying back the religious right and the NRA for their campaign support, paying back polluters for their support(the environment be damned), etc. Thus, the GOP has performed MORE HATEFUL ACTS in just the past few years than the Democrats could have done during the entire existence of the party. They have doomed this country to remain wallowed in debt, taken away defendants rights and made it OK to detain people for months WITHOUT even charging them with crimes, tried to pollute the enviroment even more with executive orders such as attempting to allow utility plants to regress with more fossil burning fuels such as coal, etc. So, not only do the GOPers hate with the words out of their mouths, but also with their actions. Oh, but wait, let's not hold them accountable, because they CLAIM to be Christians.

6. JD

JD Founding Member

Re: Re: Lott is admitting to one mistake when he really means another

The party that started the civil war? Trouble is, the remnants are now the republican party. Which party ran on a segregationist presidental platform in 1964? Who lusts for the confederacy? (your current AG and everyone else from the southern partisan)? Who promotes confederate economic policies of massive wealth distribution from the middle class to the rich? Yea Abe Lincoln was a republican, but that party left those policies in the dust when they were filibustering for segregation (also when filibustering against worker protection, much of the new deal, the right to unionize and everything else to put the middle class on a level playing field).
    Lott didn't mispeak - if he had said "too bad you didn't win" or something like that, I might buy it (if lott didn't have a racist past). But, no Lott went into details - saying how much better off we'd all be.

7. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

Them damn Republicans.

8. JD

JD Founding Member

Re: Them damn Republicans.