Looking for more info on Canada episode

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HalloweenRun, Jan 11, 2018.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

i don’t get much Tiger news other than here. I hear/read about not getting along, bad interpersonal skills, and today, that Coach O did not want or maybe like him in the first place. This, based on what I see doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Anyone have a link to a “tell all?”

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

3. tigerbait3

tigerbait3 Freshman

Man its like looking at WebMD. Sometimes better to just not know.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yep because no matter what you start with, the flowchart always ends up with cancer and an amputation in both scenarios.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    ParadiseiNC, kcal, lsu-i-like and 3 others like this.
  5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

There was a report earlier in the season that the two came to blows and the players had to pull them apart. Then you had the end of the season when they announced he was leaving. But then you had "leaks" about how bad Canada was and how everyone hated him from most likely Pomansky. Take it all with a grain of salt

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If I had to bet on it, I would bet that Orgeron always wanted Ensminger, and he was told he had to hire someone else so it was Canada and the only thing Canada did wrong was have the audacity to want to run his own offense. Orgeron sabotaged him in spots this season which ended up being horrible losses, and never gave him the support or autonomy he needed or deserved. Orgeron ran him off and got what he wanted eventually.

Pure speculation, but seems plausible.

ParadiseiNC, KyleK, kcal and 2 others like this.
  7. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Possible...I any event it is a giant shit show. If he did want E to begin with what a nice way to piss away a few million dollars

kcal likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You are probably partially right. Oeaux was pressured to hire Canada when the Kiffin deal fell through. That doesn't mean that he deliberately sabotaged Canada. It's probably true that there was a severe personality conflict. Otherwise it might have worked anyway. Remember, E didn't want the job and even if he had there was no way that was going to fly last November. Oeaux and Canada didn't know each other prior to his hiring and he should have found somebody else from the beginning. I smell Alleva's iron handedness in all that. Maybe Joe now has thrown his hands up
    and is resigned to whatever happens. All he can do now is hope and pray for after being outmaneuvered in a Machiavellin power play.

ParadiseiNC, ROY_LA_CA and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. lsu-i-like

I sure hope you’re wrong, and this glosses over Canada’s history of not playing nice with others.

10. lsu-i-like

I imagine Eaux wasn’t getting the job by selling himself and Ensminger. I’m guessing the truth is a little less juicy than y’all are speculating.

ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.