Looking for a new place to go

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by lsxtigers, Oct 4, 2018.

1. lsxtigers

lsxtigers Founding Member

First off not aiming to find out anyone's honey hole.. lol Me and my wife are kinda new to the fishing scene trying to get a little more serious. We have been catfishing around manchac lately with good results. I'd like to try to go somewhere and catch a few specs or redfish. Where would be the closest spot to the Hammond area that we might try. Thanks in advance

2. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

I do not fish over there but you are right in amongst some great redfish and trout fishing in the lake right there. Trustle can really good and anywhere you have a ditch of any kind through grass emptying out into the lake will hold bait which will hold reds trout and flounder at the mouths of the ditches, bayous, drains etc on a falling tide. Look for shell piles either marked reefs online with numbers or just look for random PVC pipe sticking out of the water often that is marking a shell pile. Look for busted piers/pilings as they often have shell piles off the ends of them plus they will hold fish on their own, diving birds, etc lots of other stuff and I just speaking generically as that stuff is kinda the standard "where to start" info for anywhere as it doesnt matter where you are those area will hold those fish anywhere.

KyleK and GiantDuckFan like this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I’m a freshwater guy but they have little saw-off bastard who posts sometimes. Goes by @Nutriaitch . Maybe he’ll find this and offer help.

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Lake Pontchartrain

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There are a couple of good articles about where the specks and reds are biting in the July issue of Louisiana Sportsman magazine.