Looking ahead...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUALLDAY, Oct 7, 2020.

?

How many regulars season wins does LSU have this year?

1. 5

2. 6

3. 7

4. 8

5. 9

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

If the defense gets better, we “should” win every game with Bama and FU being possible exemptions. Still, if we catch them on a good day (bad for them) then we could take those as well. I am looking for progression and improvements this year from game to game. Trying to keep positive. Geaux Tigers!!

BayouBengal014 and Winston1 like this.
  2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

we lose to fla, bama, and some unexplainable something or other to lose at auburn

3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I think we drop
    Auburn
    Florida
    Alabama
    A&M

TigerTap likes this.
  4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

After watching Bo Nix last week, I’m vastly more confident that we beat Auburn. If Stetson Bennett can put up 27, Brennan can too. And Nix isn’t going to win any games through the air.

LSUTiga and Winston1 like this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Absent another brain fart like Moo State we should Will all but Alabama and Florida. We play closer to our potential and Florida can be had too. I’ll reserve opinion on improving chances against the gumps until I see more.

6. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Fla. wtih Trask & Pitts are a load. But the Fla. defense is not up to their past standards, we can hang some points on them.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Statistically, UF has a worse D than us.

Winston1 likes this.
  8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Gators have given up near 1000 yards in 2 games. Old piss threw well on them and the gamecocks run it up the gut. I've said we gotta get on em early and if we can put 21 on the board in the first half, we can take this one in the swamp. Being pretty evenly matched, this game is really on the coaching staff.

LSUTiga, Hou-duco and LSUpride123 like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They keep saying nobody can cover the Gaytor WR, Kyle something or other. Let's see how open he gets against Derek Stingley Jr

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Kyle Pitts is the gator tight end but lines up as a receiver often. He's what we want gilbert to be

https://247sports.com/Article/Kyle-...ble-stat-when-lined-up-as-receiver-152453696/

If there is one offensive duo that has separated itself from the pack in the early stages of the college football season, it’s the Florida Gators tandem of quarterback Kyle Trask and tight end Kyle Pitts. Those two playmakers are the catalyst behind No. 4 Florida’s 2-0 start to the campaign.

After a breakout performance against Ole Miss in the opener, Pitts continued to shine Saturday in the Gators’ 38-24 defeat of South Carolina. Pitts caught four passes for 57 yards and two touchdowns, one week after his four-touchdown, 170-yard performance against Ole Miss.

While Pitts is technically listed as a tight end on the roster, he spends a significant amount of time split out wide and serves as a receiver.

Anthony Treash of Pro Football Focus broke down the numbers when Pitts lines up at receiver, and the results have been outstanding for the Gators offense. According to PFF, when Pitts is wide, he has run 10 routes and been targeting five times. And of those five targets, Pitts has four catches — two for touchdowns, the other two for first downs and three “explosive” plays covering at least 15 yards.

However Florida has used Pitts this season, it’s worked.

“I think Kyle Pitts might be the best player in American that’s not a quarterback,” FOX's Joel Klatt said on his show In the Booth. “Six touchdown receptions now through his first two games. I don’t think any college player has done that at least in recent (memory). He is an absolute monster…could we have a tight end in the Heisman discussion? I think we might be with how good this guy is.”

In two games, Pitts has 12 receptions, 227 yards, six touchdowns and averages 18.9 yards per catch, absurd for a tight end. With the Florida Gators rolling over their first opponents, the world is keeping a close eye on Pitts.

lsu-i-like likes this.