Look out Climate Deniers! They are coming for us!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Jan 25, 2017.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Since you are so fond of the ice core samples and the 800,000 year fluctuations you might find this little paragraph interesting. (Hint: you had to go beyond the pictures and read)

Over the last 800,000 years atmospheric CO2 levels as indicated by the ice-core data have fluctuated between 170 and 300 parts per million by volume (ppmv), corresponding with conditions of glacial and interglacial periods. The Vostok core indicates very similar trends. Prior to about 450,000 years before present time (BP) atmospheric CO2 levels were always at or below 260 ppmv and reached lowest values, approaching 170 ppmv, between 660,000 and 670,000 years ago. The highest pre-industrial value recorded in 800,000 years of ice-core record was 298.6 ppmv, in the Vostok core, around 330,000 years ago. Atmospheric CO2 levels have increased markedly in industrial times; measurements in year 2010 at Cape Grim Tasmania and the South Pole both indicated values of 386 ppmv, and are currently increasing at about 2 ppmv/year.

That's a huge increase over the highest pre-industrial level. And it's increasing at 2% a year.

No one is disputing periodic changes in earth's climate. No one. The issue is the rate of change and the magnitude of recent changes. You keep responding to question "x," when no one is asking that question. It must be frustrating

I suspect you don't care, and you will in all likelihood continue your childish insults. Do what you need to do.

I'm out of this "conversation." Pointless!

Winston1 likes this.
  2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Oops! Did not see you had asked a question.

Antarctica has been in pretty much the same place since Pangea, over 200 million years ago. Between 60 and 30 million tears ago, it became isolated from the the continents and started getting much colder. It did not move so much as did South America, Australia, and the land mass that became India.

This information is from the field of science known as plate tectonics. I am in no position to know if you understand, believe, or deny it, too. Hope this helps. Now I am out!

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

For Kikipoopoo

Come gather around people
    Wherever you roam
    And admit that the waters
    Around you have grown
    And accept it that soon
    You'll be drenched to the bone
    And if your breath to you is worth saving
    Then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone
    For the times they are a-changing

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Everything you are spouting or in your case spewing is old news to me and I already know. What I also know is that common sense, which is in short supply in your case, tells me just by looking at the Vostok Ice Cores the earths fluctuations are rhythmical and vast whether man is here or not. Yes the dinosaurs died off and their is theory and only THEORY that it was caused by a meteor. THERE IS NO CONCRETE PROOF THAT IT WAS A METEOR OR JUST ONE OF THE CONTRIBUTING FACTORS. Neither you nor I nor any man was there to PROOVE what you or I say, only THEORY. There was a lot of so called "consensus" before Newton and Eisenstein came along. Yes Pinatobo and Tambora happened which proves that one small fart from earth can dramatically change our climate, man is a grain of sand on the earths beaches when it comes to dynamically affecting our climate. You are a typical liberal in that you think there is such a thing as consensus in science. The very nature of science does not allow consensus only proof. When science start having a consensus bad things happen i.e., around the 15th century "consensus" was that the sun revolved around the earth in which Cupernicus and Galileo almost lost their lives challenging that "consensus". You talk about greenhouse gases but there is no proof that CO2 causes heating only THEORY. There are a vast number of scientist that have a THEORY that temperature rises before a rise in CO2 which would mean the earths own fluctuations and or the suns output not mans input increases CO2, there is no consensus only THEORY. Proof is what I believe in and is true science. There is PROOF that yes the earth does indeed revolve around the sun and that dinosaurs once roamed the earth. However when it comes to man made global warming there is only THEORY and a very weak one at best. There is no PROOF. There are scientist out there claiming the Yeti exist. Because a number of so called scientist believe that does it make it true or is it a THEORY?

Just a 1000 questions I could ask you professor but will only ask 11;

1. The Vostok Ice Cores show vast rhythmical swings in temp and CO2 levels data over a 450,000 year period when man was not around, what caused these fluctuations?
    2. The Vikings around the year 1000 was able to sail wooden ships to a place they called Greenland, how were they able to accomplish that? What was Antarctica like around that time. 250 years later the Vikings left Greenland why?
    3. Is life better for man, animals and plants when the earth is in a warm period or when the earth is in a glacial period?
    4. Why does it require a TAX to change the weather?
    5. Why did the left change the claim of "man made global warming" to "climate change"?
    6. Are you now or have you ever been a communist?
    7. How do liberals think without one of these shutterstock_101000707.jpg ?
    8. Is there proof that liberals have one of these shutterstock_101000707.jpg ?
    9. Is Al Gore really PT Barnum?
    10. If man came from monkeys why are there still monkeys?
    11. Are liberals proof that man came from monkeys or monkeys came from liberals?

Below is a little THEORY and a possible "inconvenient truth" for you liberals.

It turns out that top scientists and government agencies have for over 100 years been concerned, even terrified of the coming of global cooling and the next cyclic mini ice age. Unlike the dire predictions of the global warming, another major cooling cycle could be a disaster for mankind. While people and animals tend to thrive in warm climates, and warm climates result in longer growing seasons for plants, a major cooling would have disastrous results.

[​IMG]

The good news from NASA is that February smashed a century of global temperature records by “stunning” margin. The unprecedented leap led scientists, usually wary of highlighting a single month’s temperature, to label the new record a “shocker” and warn of a “climate emergency”. Hysterics aside, NASA knows (since 2006) that the long-term prediction is for cooling becausesolar activity is diminishing.

If in fact we do have some warming, due to human activity, which the government insists is happening, then this is in fact good news because we will have a head of steam (warmth) as we go into steep declines in solar activity and a mini-ice age that is predicted by many scientist to result from that.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    LSUpride123 and watson1880 like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Aaaaahhhhh the eminent scientist Bob Dylan, he has more credibility than Al Gore IMHO.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

90% of my friends for the last 30 years are either geologist or geophysicist. My career depends on working with both, I know plate tectonics has nothing to do with breakfast, lunch or dinner. My question was about the Antarctics climate at that time not how it was formed.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Whats pointless Einstien is you thinking government can make it hot or cold for us as they desire. Whats pointless is you thinking politicians and scientist can be God. Whats pointless is your blind belief that WE have control of the climate. Whats pointless is you thinking that taking peoples money and freedoms will change the earths climate.

LSUpride123 and watson1880 like this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Just a sample of the ignorance on the left with these stupid predictions of which none has come true. Yet they continue to be believed by the liberals and the kiss ass press at present.

Failed Mirth Earth Day predictions

Anthony Watts / April 22, 2011
    [​IMG]

Earth day flag - Image via Wikipedia

Via iHateTheMedia, here are a few of the predictions made on the first Earth Day. Don’t these sound like the predictions today that fail, like the 50 million climate refugees by 2010 followed by the moving of the goalposts to 2020?

“We have about five more years at the outside to do something.”
    • Kenneth Watt, ecologist

“Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.”
    • George Wald, Harvard Biologist

“Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make. The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.”
    • Paul Ehrlich, Stanford University biologist

“By…[1975] some experts feel that food shortages will have escalated the present level of world hunger and starvation into famines of unbelievable proportions. Other experts, more optimistic, think the ultimate food-population collision will not occur until the decade of the 1980s.”

“It is already too late to avoid mass starvation.”
    • Denis Hayes, chief organizer for Earth Day

“Demographers agree almost unanimously on the following grim timetable: by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa. By the year 2000, or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions….By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine.”
    • Peter Gunter, professor, North Texas State University

“Scientists have solid experimental and theoretical evidence to support…the following predictions: In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution…by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half….”
    • Life Magazine, January 1970

“At the present rate of nitrogen buildup, it’s only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable.”
    • Kenneth Watt, Ecologist

“Air pollution…is certainly going to take hundreds of thousands of lives in the next few years alone.”

“By the year 2000, if present trends continue, we will be using up crude oil at such a rate…that there won’t be any more crude oil. You’ll drive up to the pump and say, `Fill ‘er up, buddy,’ and he’ll say, `I am very sorry, there isn’t any.’”

“Dr. S. Dillon Ripley, secretary of the Smithsonian Institute, believes that in 25 years, somewhere between 75 and 80 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct.”
    • Sen. Gaylord Nelson

and this classic:

“The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.”

watson1880 likes this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So caca did you ever think that maybe we ARE in a natural cooling cycle and the increasing CO2 and other gasses in the atmosphere could be actually doing what scientists say and the GREENHOUSE effect is reversing the cooling?

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Actually scientist say that CO2 only accelerates each scenario. So if we are in cooling as you say, then the extra CO2 should act as an accelerator.