"'ll speak with your mama outside"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Jul 23, 2009.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

That's great!

More for me! :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

:thumb: Martin seems to love his fellow man.

1 person likes this.
  3. martin

martin Banned Forever

no we dont. if people want to not like other folks based on arbitrary reasons, good for them. i happen to like darkies, but if you hate them that is none of my business and it doesnt seem lke something anyone needs to "deal with".

what you say would be true if we were talkin about relations between hutus and tutsis or serbs and croats or something, where a lack of understanding and tolerance is ripping everthing apart and periodically there is a massacre.

it seems silly to me that you think people "need" to be socially active with other people based on race. why cant people just like whoever?

my friends are like a multicultural race sampler. they look like the general assembly of the united nations (in fact many of them do work at the UN) if they all turned lily white tomorrow i would not care. and i definitely dont feel like we "need" to do anything.

race isnt really a big problem in this country. we pretend that it is. that is why this impossibly minor issue of some professor spending a few minutes in handcuffs gets massive press and ends up at the white house.

and sure, there is racial profiling. cops pull over blacks because blacks like to do crime. so what? not a problem.

4. lsu-i-like

We need to deal with it because if those living in poverty increases and those folks are disproportionately black, it will likely lead to heightened degrees of civic unrest, which drives down the quality of life for all of us. That we're domestically better off than some African nations is hardly something to hang a hat on.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

why? do poor blacks get violent quicker than whites?

also, like i said, you encourage the poverty when you misplace blame.

to be clear, are you saying that we need to be sociable with blacks so they dont get violent? could you specific about what you are proposing?

if you are proposing simply socializing with minorities, then i deserve a nobel prize.

6. lsu-i-like

Boy, you sure jump quick to the idea that blacks are voilent. I assumed you would go there, and I was right! Booby prize for me.

I'm saying that with heightened poverty there is more likelyhood of civil unrest. I am also saying that there are a lot of black folks that feel disenfranchised, and if they preceive that they are further getting the heel of the deal, it is likely they will more quickly boil over than other segments of the populace.

And I believe we've had this argument before, but sometimes preception influences reality.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

so are they are not?

so yes, blacks are violent folks, and unless they raise themselves out of their economic problems they will steal our bikes.

to be clear, are you saying that we need to be sociable with blacks so they dont get violent? could you specific about what you are proposing?

8. lsu-i-like

What are you reading into my words, martin? :huh:

"Blacks" are not violent. Disenfranchised blacks are closer to boiling over than most segments of society, but in general, the more people in poverty, the worse it is for all of society... to be clear. Can I be more clear?

9. lsu-i-like

You can have that nasty ass grog.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

more than disenfranchised whites? why do you differentiate?

i agree, we are better off when less people are poor. but again, what does that have to do with black folks?

again, my question is this: is your poistion that people just need to befriend blacks so thhat they are happier and will not get violent? what if i want to be color blind with regard to how i choose my friends?