Little Known Facts

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The first cell phone call was made on April 3rd, 1973.

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

it came with a wheelbarrow to haul it around with

shane0911, el005639 and Bengal B like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I got my first one in 1994. Was a bag phone and I had to wire it to my truck battery. I had a magnetic antenna on I put on the roof.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    shane0911 likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Chuck Connors played professional basketball for both the Rochester Royals and the Boston Celtics. He is recognized as the first athlete to shatter an NBA backboard while playing for the Celtics. Unlike Darryl Dawkins (who shattered 2 by dunking), Connors' took a shot during practice that hit the front of the rim causing the backboard to shatter.

Although he acted in many movies and T.V. shows, Chuck Connors is best known for his role as Lucas McCain in The Rifleman.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

At the outbreak of WWII Emperor Hirohito held the highest rank in the British Army: true or false?
    That's right. Great job!

• True

In 1902, the Anglo-Japanese alliance came into being. The alliance’s provisions for mutual defence drove Japan to enter the First World War on the British side.

The period immediately after the war saw growing competition between Japan and USA for influence in the Pacific. The Washington Naval Agreement of 1922 finally put an end to the Anglo-Japanese alliance. The following decade saw growth of anti-Western xenophobia in Japan. Aware that the termination of alliance with Japan might have the effect of pushing it towards Germany or Russia, Britain decided to pursue a policy of forced friendship. Thus in 1928 Japanese 27-years-old Emperor Hirohito was made a Knight of the Garter, the third most prestigious order in the UK. Two years later The London Gazette informed the public that Emperor Hirohito had been honoured with the rank of a field marshal, the highest rank in the British Army. This placed young Hirohito among the total of 140 men to ever hold this title.

More Info: en.wikipedia.org

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) is the deity of the church that bears its name. Its religion is Pastafarianism and its adherents are Pastafarians. The religion is formally recognized, by law, as a legitimate religion, in both The Netherlands and New Zealand.

Pastafarians wear colanders—footed strainers for kitchen use—as a symbol of their faith. According to a post on the church’s website, Australian Pastafarians have won the right to wear their colanders for their driver’s license photographs. This, according to church officials, equated to official recognition that Pastafarianism is a genuine religion.

In New Zealand and the Netherlands, Pastafarian officiants are authorized to perform weddings. The first Pastafarian wedding ceremony was conducted in April, 2016, in New Zealand.

The foundation of the admittedly satiric religion is that the FSM is both undetectable and invisible. The earth is flawed, Pastafarianism explains, because the FSM was extremely drunk when it created the universe. Pirates, according to the church’s belief, were the world’s first Pastafarians.

Another tenet of the religion is that the dwindling number of pirates is the primary cause of climate change. Rejection of all dogma is the only Pastafarian dogma.

One becomes an ordained Pastafarian official by signing up on the church website and making a small donation.

8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG]
    "that's some some wild and crazy stuff, I did not know that"

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

John Wayne made a guest appearance in one episode of the Beverly Hillbillies. His pay was a fifth of bourbon.

Sharon Tate appeared in 15 episodes as a bank teller in Mr Drysdale's bank.