Little Known Facts

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Feb 27, 2014.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

They now have 31 come from behind wins and only have 31 losses on the season. 74-31. I hate this Dodgers team but that's impressive.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Astros need to grab some more pitching before the deadline. They will probably have to face the Dodgers having home field advantage in the World Series.

Note: I almost said NCLS. Still thinking Houston is in the AL.

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

maybe the bastards will be swept away in the first round,.. it's like the old days for me, not getting much satisfaction from the Giants,.. I'll have to get my pleasure rooting against the fucking dodgers.

4. tirk

Yeah I can't shake it either always thinking NL. They need bullpen help badly and a #2 type starter. They likely won't get sonny gray from the As who the damn Yankees will probably end up with.
    They likely won't get reliever Justin Wilson-no not that one- who the Cubs are closing in on.

Probably get lefty reliever Britton from the Orioles if anything. Stros have a great farm system but not sure they want to give up anyone.

Yu darvish is available for a 1 yr rental but it's the rangers and these clubs hate each other and in the same division.

They aren't getting past the Yankees if they stand pat. Keuchel has made 2 DL stints. Will Harris is back on the dl along with springer and Correa. And just about the entire rotation at some point. Yet are 17 games ahead of the next team.

5. tirk

Yeah well may as well get on the Houston bandwagon while it lasts. I pulled for the giants bc they drafted Lsus Armando Rios. Then had Brian Wilson and Ryan Theriot during their run. I also like Bruce bochy.

GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Dervish would be perfect if only.....

Any chance the Yanks give up Aroldis Chapman? He hasn't been great this year but could be valuable for the playoffs

If they want to be a serious player this season they will have to give up some good prospects

7. tirk

Yankees offered cf Florial their #5 prospect to Billy beane but that's not likely enough. For sonny gray. Both the Astros and Yankees farms are loaded. Cashman will make a deal. Astros will end up with fucking Lance Lynn.

8. GiantDuckFan

I got nothing against Houston,.. but don't know much about them.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In 1953 at 25 years old, Vin Scully became the youngest to ever broadcast a World Series game, a record that still stands.

10. GiantDuckFan

Even I love that guy