Little Known Facts

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Feb 27, 2014.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

JB is my 2nd cousin and I've never heard that story before (and I've heard them all). I need to ask my dad about it. He and Jimmy were more like brothers growing up than cousins.

Bengal B, shane0911 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Let us know what he says

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He made enough money to buy Miami and he still has most of it.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. shane0911

Shit, there are Margaritaville's everywhere now. I'd think he gets some kind of kick back there. I think a safe bet is he has even more of it now.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I ate a place near Houston called T-Bone Tom's couple of times and they had a Cheeseburger in Paradise on the menu. Buffett probably gets paid every time somebody orders one anywhere they are served.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. shane0911

And there is another chain. I bet he gets a cut from them too if there are any still open. I think the one here shut down.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He should open up a chain of whore houses called Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

So I talked with my dad yesterday and he said it's not the first time that he's heard that, but that it's not true. Although JB had met Elvis, they never collaborated together.

He's worth about 300m now. Not that I'd ever do this anyway (unless my kids needed an operation or some other life or death situation), but I've never seen a dime of that money. Actually, I take that back. I did get a check for a grand when I got married 20 years ago, so that was pretty cool. But it's not like I'm in his will or anything. My dad might be, but they're not nearly as close now as they were growing up. A lot of family drama that I won't get into here.

One story I can tell is about how I got on his bad side when I was in high school. He left me tickets and back stage passes for a concert in Biloxi. I wasn't really been into his music at the time, so I sold them to a friend of mine for $300, bought an 8 ball and ended up partying in NOLA. Although he didn't know how I spent the money, my family was none too pleased about people they didn't know showing up in the seats reserved for me. After that, I didn't see him for a long time. Last time I saw him was probably 2 years or so ago.

Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.
  9. shane0911

Xm radio for you

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries officers handcuffed an alligator for trespassing in April, 2017.