Lights not as good tonight

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Nov 2, 2016.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

slow night tonight. Fished I think 3 hours for only 8 specks and 2 redfish. Terrible pic but it's all I took buddy has the fish.
    [​IMG]

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

...beats working!

tirk, LSUTiga and Bengal B like this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

In most cases, yes. With Jval, it IS his job. Oh, did you think he did that for recreation?

4. tigerbait3

tigerbait3 Freshman

I lost the trout of a lifetime the other day under the lights. I was throwing a fly and thought I hooked a nice slot red, and he made a few huge runs. As he got into the light and rolled over I noticed he was a trout.

Ive been fortunate to catch a few nice trout - a few 6s and a nice 7, and I was amazed when I saw this fish. This sob was probably 30"-33" and when I bent down to grab him the fly just fell out. Nothing crazy at all to cause it and I was shaking.

Im guessing he was 8-9. What a beast. Still had a blast on the long rod with him while he was making huge runs.

HalloweenRun, KyleK and tirk like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Don't feel too bad. The biggest trout I ever "caught" jumped out of the net and back in the water while I was trying to lift him into the boat.

tigerbait3 likes this.
  6. tigerbait3

tigerbait3 Freshman

The biggest mullet I ever caught hit me in the head while tubing and fell right into my lap

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. jvalhenson

the big ones always seem to have a nack for getting away at the last second. Maybe bc they are big and smart or maybe its just bc we get excited and do something just a little off that allows the escape. I have caught a few over 7 lbs and lots of 5-7lbers but have never broken 8 lbs. I have hooked 1 that was easily 8 and another that was every ounce of 9 but didnt really get either very close. One cut me off on some rebar using light line well away from the boat and the other just came unbuttoned about half way in. I do not think I have hooked one that would bust 10 but who knows what all those hooksets, bow up hard, and immediately come off were. Had a buddy hook a lemonfish that was easily over 100lbs....fought him for prob 45 min. got him boat side and had a gaff shot but it would have been in the tail so he said wait. fish sounded and did a sharp turn back up and got a little slack in the line.......he gone. The ironic thing about it was the guy's boats name is No Slack.

Cajun Sensation and tigerbait3 like this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I could show you a spot in the Atchafalya River that you better be on point cause those Asian carp will jump in the boat with you on the reg.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Although I live in New Orleans, my kids live in Ocean Springs so I'm there very often. My son is a fisherman. We should link up some time and go.

10. jvalhenson

Let me know when you in town and free. I'm more huntin now but bout March I'll get back fishing mainly again minus some turkey huntin

Cajun Sensation likes this.