Letter from Skip

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kenny Kerth, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

In my years of going to games i have seen my share of a..hole LSU fans.....all i wish would never be allowed in tiger stadium again...but that's not going to happen.

I have to say though.....this is bringing up something from the past......I have NEVER come across bigger jacka$$ fans than those at Va. Tech. They were the crudest fans i have ever seen...i had rated Fla as the worst (and that is primarily the students in the stadium who sit bordering the visitors). but Va Tech took the cake. Examples:

1) If i had 1 "F" bomb thrown at me just walking down the street then i had a 100. And the launchers had no limits for gender or age.

2) Our motorhome as well as the ones around us became the driving range for the psycho hillbillies at 2am the morning before the game. Golf balls flying everywhere.

3) Night before the golf ball launching they stole ice chests from our and every motorhome around us.

True "Deliverance" characters.

I did meet a few nice ones who said this wasn't typical Hokie actions. they suspected intimidation by the # of LSU supporters in Blacksburg.

I haven't talked to anyone who went to the game who had an overall good experience.

at least there motorhome parking was cheap $5/space. partly b/c it was a 2 mile walk to the stadium.

2. whaleofacock

whaleofacock Founding Member

If I may interject something here...

Hey guys just let me say that there were some positive experiences that USC fans had at the LSU game this year and they did express them on our boards, but unfortunately there were some negative experiences which of course always seems to overshadow the positive ones.
    Although the negative experiences that I read were pretty bad, I have a feeling that there were more positive experiences than negative. And it seemed of the negative posts/experiences the issue was not the "Tiger Bait" yelling. Yes we are not used to the "Tiger Bait" thing yall do before your games but we don't play yall but twice every ten years so we are not accustomed to it. Hopefully with the new rotation of teams in the SEC starting next year we can start to play you guys every 4 to 5 years which will hopefully rectify this.
    Anyhoo this is getting long but I just wanted to let you know that not all the experiences that I have heard were bad ones and hopefully yall will have a great experience at our place next year. :D
    Good luck this weekend.

Geaux Tigers !!!!!!!!

GO COCKS!!!!!!!

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Agree with TT

I think the bad apples are the minority but they can be so freaking loud. You can TigerBait and all but don't get so much in their face that they have to stop walking or walk off the sidewalk to get around you. I think you can usually tell who can handle certain things. Its almost pointless to get into it with an reserved elderly couple (Bama has a lot of 'em who make away games) but others want a little taunting so they can taunt back. Something like, "Oh yeah, but Fat Freddie Kitchens knows where he'd rather be!" is in good fun. Multiple four letter explectives often aren't.