Let's talk about Duterte

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 18, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

so this scumbag has no problem killing the media in his country and they murder thousands upon thousands of drug users and dealers with no remorse. I can't for the life of me figure out why no one has done anything about this. I believe our president even praised him which is pretty sickening. What does the FSA think of this dude?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He's a bad dude but we have always sided with bad dudes when it served our national needs. We supported the Shah of Iran, then Osama bin Laden when he was fighting the Russians. Then we supported Saddam Hussein when he was fighting Iran. Saudi Arabia is full of bad dudes. Stalin was one of the worst bad dudes ever but he was our ally for WWII. The DEA supported the Marxist rebels in Columbia because they were the enemies of the cocaine cartels, while the CIA supported the cartels. Duterte is the leader of a country with strong ties to the USA. We will support him until he double crosses us and then we will support another bad dude who is Duterte's enemy.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Exactly what do you expect the international community to do?

The Philippines has a very low drug rate to begin with and polls over there show that a majority of the population support what he's doing. I'm not sure what type of intervention you think would be successful. It's the Philippines. They don't contribute globally to a whole lot.

I think it's a much bigger problem than just killing drug users. The police and vigilantes basically have free rein to shoot whomever they want, drug users or not. They won't get in trouble for it and often get promoted. I'm having a hard time caring a whole lot other than just the lack of humanity.

4. LaSalleAve

Sanction them. I mean that's what we do right? You're correct too, so many times the police plant guns, remove the bodies before media can arrive, I mean this dude is responsible for over 9000 deaths of innocent people. I mean I guess that's nothing compared to Assad but we damn sure don't need our president complimenting this guy.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We only sanction our enemies. The Philippines is our friend.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Thats just it. Imagine a collective group of people supporting something and willing to live under laws they support. Crazy idea huh.

I mean, to us it sounds barbaric, but you know, whatever works for them. Our company has offices there. If I ever have to go, I know for damn sure my ass wont be getting into trouble.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

They've got some fine ass women there tho.

el005639 likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Love them Philippine girls myself they like Americans a lot, Ca c'est bon

9. LaSalleAve

Sounds barbaric because it is barbaric. And we don't know how much it's supported because of self censorship by journalists and critics of their government. One of Duterte's critics a Senator de Lima who on his ass since he was a mayor was recently thrown in jail. She will probably be murdered in jail. This dude needs a bullet.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

According to a democrat politician in Missouri Trump needs a bullet.