Let's see what Trump, Fox, and Republicans are calling a vindication

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Comey, under oath, mind you:

- Immediately calls Trump a liar about Comey's standing with respect to morale and effectiveness within the FBI, and later details even more Trump lies
    - Confirms nine separate and highly unusual private conversations with Trump
    - Confirms that he took notes after those meetings because he didn't trust Trump to be truthful
    - Confirms that he shared those notes with other high-ups in the FBI and DOJ
    - Confirms that Trump asked him if he liked his job and wanted to keep it
    - Confirms that Trump demanded his loyalty
    - Confirms that Trump issued a directive to drop the Flynn investigation
    - Confirms that Trump asked everybody else to leave the room so that he might direct Comey to drop the Flynn investigation
    - Confirms that Trump wanted the pressure of the Russia investigation lifted
    - Confirms that he was fired because of the ongoing Russia investigation
    - Confirms that Trump, even though 17 intelligence agencies found that Russia hacked our election and the first job of any president is to protect Americans and American democracy, never asked even once during those nine meetings about any of those espionage details nor about any measures the FBI might be taking to protect America from further attack

Now, from all that, Republicans would have you believe Trump was "exonerated" and "vindicated". I guess it's because Comey by oath CONFIRMED all those things instead of dropping any new bombshells. That's the sad state of political affairs in this country: when ANY day passes that Trump hasn't said or committed something outrageously ridiculous or lying or criminal he's been normalized and vindicated.... as though each event has no permanence or importance.

And I suppose that Republicans drew a deep breath of relief that Comey said Trump, himself, was not under investigation.... as though that was the purpose of the hearing, and as though he was never responsible for his own campaign staff, and as though by that he couldn't possibly be under investigation NOW.

And I guess the fact that Comey passed through a friend one of those notes to the media allowed Trump to label him a "leaker", as though Comey had no perfect right as a private citizen to do it, and as though the content of the note wasn't as important as the matter in which it was made public.

Well, unfortunately for all those Republicans I am CERTAIN that Robert Mueller doesn't frame things their way. And I am certain that Robert Mueller, who has had a 30 year professional relationship with James Comey, doesn't appreciate Trump's attempts to drag his name through the mud.

But here's the REAL kicker: I am also certain that each and every Republican, including yourselves, believes Comey over Trump. And this is why, after an OFFICIAL hearing that CONFIRMED what had previously been merely unsubstantiated reportage and rumor, Trump is in more legal danger than ever and why your victory laps look so silly to anybody with brains.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What laws did trump break?

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Only thing I can say is;
    1f21c61101a2f0d28203a88b1a35cfbcd8d9ab8805b55d0f00dc7268a89a1c4f.jpg 4353209-bm-scarecrow.jpg grabbing-straws-8x4-1.png I am insane.jpg images-31.jpeg images-34.jpeg
    comment_ePdc76tjDfcHpbATPjuGVZxHvLv3r4nA.gif

Oh and
    "All that big talk don't mean doddle squat"

2017-01-01-19-25-11--1036626221.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Time will tell. Are you working under the impression that that hearing was supposed to announce a criminal charge?

6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

You stated it like you knew.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Thanks professor Boobs

8. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

Winston1 likes this.
  9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I don't think you understand what "hearsay" means, but I do recognize that it's just one man's testimony. The problem for Trump, however, is that Comey was very credible, owing to the circumstances which tend to corroborate his word:

- Trump is a known constant liar
    - Coats and Rogers on the previous day tacitly admitted by their carefully prepared wording that Trump had asked them, too, for relief from the Flynn and Russiagate affairs
    - Nobody from Trump's inner circle has come forward to deny that they were asked to leave the room so that Trump might meet with Comey privately
    - Comey's notes detailing the private conversations exist, and were promptly turned over to other officials within the FBI
    - Comey openly wished during testimony for tapes of those conversations to exist
    - Comey has proven himself by his treatment of Hillary Clinton to be more of a Republican than a Democrat, and with no pre-inclination to go after Donald Trump
    etc.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Your the one making popcorn threads about it. Collusion and obstruction was YOUR CLAIM.