Lets see what else the "fake news" will get wrong. KAG

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You don’t think Trump has any responsibility for it as well? I agree the leftist media has been relentless against him but he has been equally responsible in my view.

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

while he has fueled much of the fire it is hard for me to imagine any presidency to hold up under such a sustained, relentless, political operation conducted by today's media.

Imagine any presidency conducting the business of the country when over 9 out of 10 mentions is negative

dachsie likes this.
  3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

In my opinion mentioning the negatives is not the issue a true negative needs to be highlighted. Its a complete an utter ignoring of any positives that is going to sink us. There is zero tolerance of any idea that is different than our own and that is a dangerous position to be in. Both sides are guilty of it. All you have to do is read this forum to know it to be true.

Winston1 likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The media is just giving people what they want. Real news is out there it’s the fault of fucking people in this country. I firmly believe we get exactly what we deserve and Americans are just dumb.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

LCD syndrome

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

there's a school of thought that says the advent of the 24 hr. news cycle created the polarization we are experiencing. since there's usually not enough "normal/ordinary, etc." news out there to support the cycle, the news organizations themselves create "events" which then becomes "news"

the problem becomes determining the difference

LSUpride123 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  7. LaSalleAve

You throw social media on top of it and creates this bubble people put themselves in, and soon enough you only get opinion pieces you’re likely to agree with or that solidify your beliefs. It’s fucked up.

GiantDuckFan and kcal like this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

there used to be a law that said news organizations had to show both sides of an issue,.. FCC fairness doctrine, "The FCC eliminated the policy in 1987,.. The demise of this FCC rule has been considered by some to be a contributing factor for the rising level of party polarization in the United States".

Didn't OJ Simpson in the white bronco begin the "media storm" era, where everybody watched the news nonstop for hours, or essentially days. Imagine the ad revenue,.. I think the networks have been working hard, trying to create those cash cows ever since.

kcal likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

Bill Hicks was so ahead of his time.

LSUpride123 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So I follow CNN and Fox on Twitter. Its comical to review both of the comments on the "articles" they both post. Just an echo chamber.