Les should step aside

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 4, 2016.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

seriously Les, be the bigger man. I know now that you understand it's over. The gods gave you another chance and you blew it. It's ok, just step aside now. Maybe something can still be made of Fournette's final season at LSU if you do.

You by now know that the same ole same, terrible passing game, unimaginative vanilla offense wasn't gonna cut it, yet you pulled that shit out anyway and lost another game, a season opener and a non conference regular season game, the only 2 milestones you had left, gone. LSU is now 1-4 in the last 5 regular season games. And you have nothing to hold onto except 1 national title, which we are all appreciative of, but that time has passed and it's time for you to move on. So please Les, stand aside, and let it go.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Our coach leads the nation in "nice". Isn't that more important than winning?

Our effort yesterday, particularly in the first half, was dismal... the players needed a good ass-cheiwing. But the man simply refuses to do that... I think at this point it wouldn't matter, anyway... the players would see it either as non-genuine, comical, or totally incoherent.

Having said all that... if you're Les would YOU step aside? I sure wouldn't. No sane person would.

3. LaSalleAve

We keep hearing about Les the man, and I am also one of the ones who thinks he is a great man (even though he swindled LSU w that damn contract) wouldn't the right thing to do at this point be to step aside? I am 100 percent positive that if he did the powers that be would give him a big chunk of his buyout. He could look like the good guy in all of this, get another job closer to Ohio or something and LSU could move on. The longer this shit drags out the worse it's gonna be for LSU.

I'd have loved to have been hanging out with some of the LSU power brokers last night.

4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I actually saw an attempt to pass on a more frequent basis... and the stats probably bear that out. But what Sham Cameron and Les Smiles fail to understand is that these are college athletes, young adults capable of digesting more than what's on Les's "menu". We run the same seven or eight plays the entire game... our point of attack is always too evident to the defense. There are few counters, traps, and misdirections in the run game, and half of our passes are play actions where the QB has to turn his back on the defense, depriving him of the ability to see how the pass defense is unfolding. Our philosophy works great against teams we can manhandle, but gets stuffed when the talent level is closer because we are always more predictable than they are.

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

We have a once in a generation talent in LF7, and it's going to waste. Les was given a gift at the end of last season and is pissing it away. So depressing. I like Les as a man, but as a coach, not so much. I just can't defend him anymore.

Rouxleaux likes this.
  6. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

You're right LaSalle. The right thing to do would be for CLM to resign and give up the many $'s left on his contract. You're set for life, and Louisiana would remember you fondly for the many good deeds. But don't hold the state hostage to this insane contract. Your time has passed. I could vomit if I hear one more person call CLM the Mad Hatter. Louisiana has been through so much bad in such a short period of time. The one thing we've had to look forward is watching maybe his best chance of winning another NC go up in flames in such a spectacular fashion. Just cut the cord and end it right now. And take CCC with you. Show us you are the decent, classy guy so many of us think you are.

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The problem with "big time" college football is that it is big time.

Les is a great guy, but he is not "big time."

Anyone wanting to know what "big time" is needs to watch the replay of GUMP - USC. Like it or not, and I do not, that was "big time" college football, and bears very little resemblance to the goat rope Les fielded at Lambeau.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Hell, Kirby Smart was all on the field and up in the mix, COACHING big time yesterday. No deer in the headlights there, pal.

9. LaSalleAve

Calling passing plays has never been a problem in my mind. It's the passing plays that are called and the situations they are called in. You are never going to complete anything if you have 2 receiver routes. Yeah you may get a quick hit or surprise someone every once in awhile, but good teams are not going to be fooled, and you aren't going to win those 1 on 1's if you are overthrowing balls. Harris looks fucking lost and unprepared again this year. He has no clue. And he is gonna sit over there and cry at the end of the game? Maybe he should man up too and just sit his own ass on the bench.

lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He should resign, but he won;t. Where else can he go and make so much money being a mumbling, stumbling idiot?

Richdog, diamondheadtiger and bowe like this.