Les Miles to Tennessee

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Tiger, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Would have been a rubber knife had Les actually modernized his offense as he repeatedly promised he would do.

Then when jumbling Joe went to shank him Les could laugh in his foolish face and boast an uptick in the LSU program as proof not the dwindling results and middling SEC records instead.

Only one man decided Les ' fate, and his face only appears in Alleva's office if there is a mirror in it for Miles to stare into..

Let's move on. Les has, and I hope he gets a good job and redeems himself. He's good for college football and mentoring kids.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He will definitely be a great representative of whatever school hires him and yes a great leader of young men.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

But will he win? If he gets the Arizona job he has to rebuild them instead of inheriting a well oiled machine.

Richdog likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

I’m interested. It’s the PAC 12. Lots of offense and not a lot of defense. If he can recruit players and do what he did at LSU I think he could win a PAC 12 championship maybe once and who knows if that gets you in the playoff or not. Think about a big ass offensive line and running game and great D in the PAC 12. No one does that shit. It would be interesting in my opinion. Now I don’t think he gets another natty, or plays for one but it is interesting to think about conference play.

TigerTap likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know anything about Arizona's budget for coaches and their facilities. Since they never win the PAC I would assume that they would have to make a serious commitment to escalating the PAC arms race for that to even be thinkable.

6. LaSalleAve

Good point

7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/article/2016/08/wildcats-practice-facility-in-need-of-renovations

In 2007, the UA spent $72.3 million on the Lowell-Stevens Football Facility. The state of the art complex is home to weight rooms, training and recovery rooms, film rooms for every position group, offices for the coaching staff and the press conference room.

These improvements were necessary for the UA to be able to compete for high-profile recruits.

Even with the vast number of improvements Arizona had made over the years, there is still room for more improvement especially when compared to the rest of the Pac-12 Conference. Particularly because Arizona does not have an indoor practice facility like many of the premier programs across the country do.

:cool: Arizona has recently committed to a $17 mil indoor practice field/facility. They have a meh endowment of $661 mil, (LSU $617), I think their facilities are ok.

IMO, Arizona is a sleeping giant, they have great weather, and are well positioned for recruiting,.. there's no reason they can't be bigtime,.. but like ucla they just under perform. I'd like to see Les get a shot there.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Brian likes this.
  8. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Les miles to Arizona well the question is will he have a longer or shorter tenure the rich rod? My money is on shorter. No shoulders to stand on this time.

9. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

"If Les had modernized his Offense". Alleva & Rosy are now looking for their 2nd Offensive Coordinator...again.

LSU is in exactly the same spot they were 2 seasons ago, with a want for an Offensive Coordinator..

Les fired Les? Interesting way to dodge the stupidity of Alleva & his multiple buyout clauses. He's leading the NCAA in that category, BTW. Still paying Daymeyune Craig.. :) He's coaching WRs at Texas A&M.

Middling record at LSU: 3 SEC West Tiles, 2 SEC Championships, 1 National Championship. 114-34 record.

10. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Which one of of the Rosy Finch's children are you?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018