Les Miles Surprises Paul Finebaum

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Aug 10, 2014.

1. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

OMG it just occurred to me -- Finebaum is what Hunter S. Thompson would have been with a head injury and without the drugs. Just look at this picture:

[​IMG]

Holy shit. Where's the Tylenol?

Edit: Damn. Could you imagine the conversations between HST in his prime and Les? I have a feeling that Hunter would have gotten Les on a level few of us could only imagine. Those would have been good times.I might need something stronger than Tylenol now.

Bengal B likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There would be Fear and Loathing in Tiger Stadium

wjray likes this.
  3. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

On the very off chance you've never read it, here's a link to The Kentucky Derby is Decadent and Depraved written by the good doctor about the 1970 Derby. http://brianb.freeshell.org/a/kddd.pdf

I like to think he would have done something similar at Tiger Stadium.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Saturday I heard Finebaum interviewed by Baton Rouge ESPN104.5's Derek Ponamsky. Finebaum said two things you would never hear him say on his gump radio show. He said that now that he lives in Charlotte it feels good to drive to work every day and not see a Roll Tide bumper sticker on every car. He also said that if he could only attend one game it would be LSU-Alabama In Tiger Stadium!
    He said that while its a great game in Tuscaloosa there is something special about the atmosphere in Tiger Stadium for a big game.

Pawl! I caint believe you said that! You have turned yore back on the good people of Bammer Nation who made you what you are today! I been callin' yore show for 20 years but you have changed! You have got the big head now that yore such a big shot at ESPN! ROLL DAMN TIDE!

plotalot likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Looks great. I might print it. I hate reading long pdf files. Too much misscrolling back and forth

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Paul is from Tennessee and is a U Tenn grad. I'm convinced he put all those Gump & Aubie idiots on the radio as a big joke on Alabama.

red55 likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I've been listening for a few months and now his show is national and even on Sirius so he is getting more and more calls from all over the country. As soon as the SEC Network launches the show will be simulcast on radio and to the 80 million households that have cable systems currently signed up with the network. Paul has been inviting callers to send in a picture of themselves to show on TV while they are on the air.

Straightjacket Jim from Tuscaloosa ain't gonna send you a picture. Nobody has ever seen him because he never leaves his Mommer's basement. War Damn Eagle! - Aubie Fan I Man

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Coach, that is the worst decision (slides and socks) since the (hell, I can't remember) game you blew clock management in the final seconds. Just say NO next time!

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe Les has thin blood. Socks and a long sleeve shirt in August. Even for a day game in early September Les always wears that LSU windbreaker zipped up to the top. Does Nike make that thing? Is that part of the deal? I'm sure Nike would be glad to supply him with some nice LSU polo shirts.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

At least he quit wearing that damn turtleneck under it. This ain't Michigan, Les. He has said that he dresses the same way every game so that the players can look to the sidelines and recognize him quickly.

[​IMG] [​IMG]