Les Miles and his COWARDLY actions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

"Deer in the headlights"...they got it right his first year.

2. djrnno

djrnno Founding Member

More covering for an innept coaching decition . He is clearly clueless, First he's indicating kick it then when it dawns on him that the FG team is not going on the field then he motions to JJ to spike it A clueless HC . How about this? An on the ball HC would have at the TO BEFORE the 4th down play would have said "OK what happends if we make the first and don't get out of bounds ?" And a together HC would have had his FG team ready and waiting as soon as the play was over to get on the field and ready to kick . You Miles supporters give it up , You clung to his good character like a life raft and now he lies about who called for the clock play when you can SEE HIM MOTIONING TO JJ TO CLOCK IT

3. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Les didn't call anyone a coward. We are calling him a coward. Do you have any reading comprehension skills what ever? Get off the threads man you are pathetic!

4. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Definitely should've had two plays called in the huddle.

5. djrnno

djrnno Founding Member

No one expects perfection but a higher level of competency IS EXPECTED for a HC and that has NOT been shown with decition making or coaching up players or game planning by Miles

6. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Good analogy...but if our wife continues not to "put out" in 2010, we better be sleeping in some other woman's bed by 2011. Take it to divorce court and give the ex half of everything.

I think if things go south next year (and I really hope they don't), then next year will likely be it. This year was going okay until last night, the coaches just made things much harder because of the perception that will exist. Now there won't be any masking of the problems that LSU was having. Everything will be magnified and that's not usually that good for those peforming.

I still feel bad for him too and I think you're totally right. I think he can't even remember anything he did or said because of the urgency of the situation. I think I saw him take out a shotgun and shoot it five times straight up in the air when they ruled it a catch out of excitement. But he said he didn't remember it. The parachuting cows from the Chik-fil-A commercial could have landed on the field after the catch and I don't think Miles would have recalled it. That's how messed up I think his head was at the moment.

I remember talking about Miles when I first came on this forum wondering how he impressed someone on a job interview for LSU. I was impressed with what he did at OK. St., but I still had trouble understanding exactly how he got the job. I just assumed that maybe he was much better one on one or with just a few people listening. I thought he was getting a better there after a little while, but this year the interviews sound like when he first got to LSU again.

I don't know... To be positive, Jarrett Lee gets a break from all this kind of stuff.

7. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Excellent, level-headed post. Total heartbreak yesterday, as sick as most of us feel about it, and almost 24 hours later, I still have that sick feeling in my stomach, think of how CLM feels and even Crowton for that matter. Was it a total F-up? Sure. The question is can this be avoided in the future?

The 3 steps you mention above are a start. CLM MUST step up (I believe he has already said he takes responsibility, although I'm not certain) in his presser on Monday. It is evident now for 2 straight years that Crowton is no wizard. The play calling has been abysmal. I won't waste anymore time rehashing what has been said about it. Thing is, should he get the axe now, or after the season? If now, does CLM take over the playcalling vs Arky and in the bowl game? Who is available if we are in the market for a new OC? And finally, someone has to assume clock management as it is obvious that CLM can't do it.

This is a tough one to swallow... The team has to move on and prepare for Arky. We can still finish the regular season 9-3.

:geauxtige

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

...as long as the Arky game doesn't come down the the final few minutes.

1 person likes this.
  9. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

You got that right! Can't take too many more of these down to the wire finishes.

:geauxtige

10. arklasecfan

arklasecfan Freshman

It is only acceptable to call a man a name to his face. Did he make a mistake, yes. End of the world, no. He has a chance to make things right next weekend. No matter what a coach does its all about the wins and losses. Two more wins and things will be fine in tigerland. But if CLM can't get his team up and Arkie goes to Baton Rouge and lights up the scoreboard in a blowout- well that changes everything. IMO CLM is one of the better coaches in the SEC, probably 4th or 5th. But he may just get caught up in the swirling eye of the tiger. Everyone should just support the players to the fullest and have fun the rest of the season. If nothing else CLM sure does get LSU in some interesting games and national exposure, doesn't he.:yelwink2:

1 person likes this.