Les Miles and his COWARDLY actions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Nov 21, 2009.

1. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Your dad obviously knows football.

Then again, anyone could see that... except for JohnLSU/SabanSux.

The entire game was a joke, and the last :30 made it so much worse.

I wonder how this game affects recruiting, if at all...

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

He coached for 40 years, but of course, it didn't take a professional to see what a horrible job the staff had done.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You better believe opposing coaches are already using it. They are asking recruits "Do you really want to play for this guy?"

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

And this was what I was trying to get across!!!

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

please finish reading this post before you blast me.

les miles has done a lot of good at lsu. he has been, imo, a good representative of the school.

and everything good he has done in his tenure was undone last night. it will take years to undo what what done in one game.

he will still be our coach, but everything has to go just right. every little mistake will bring up what transpired last night. this is the one game that will haunt him the rest of his career, no matter where he coaches.

and i may get heat for this, because i feel bad for him for that. in the long run, the rest of us will go on to the future seasons, and what happens in those future games. this is something that will hang over clm's head forever.

imo, three things need to happen for "the marriage" (as tirk put it) to continue peacefully.

1. miles needs to step up and accept full responsibility for last night. even calls gc made because he hired crowton in the first place.

2. we need a new oc.

3. whoever the new oc is needs to be the master of clock management, and clm needs to acknowledge that component of the game is not something he can handle and turn that over to the new oc. or someone that gets it. he has to relinquish control of that part of the game entirely. that failure last night was much more costly than just not getting a win.

2 people like this.
  6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

All excellent points but this is most poignant. I posted something earlier about Les losing a helluva lot of political capital with LSU fans by this one boneheaded move and its true. You just cant defend a guy who gets paid 4M and cant figure out how to manage a clock when the average fan sees it plain as day. We have seen it over and over again. It was bound to rear its ugly head and bite us. I suppose we are lucky it hasnt happened.

I doubt he is going to admit calling the spike but what he needs to show some strong leadership RIGHT NOW. We still have to beat Arky and we cant afford to have a fractured team on our hands. They are reading and seeing everything we are talking about so he will need to step up big time with the players.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah the same coaches who were going to show saban was a lying pos and an ******* who cant be trusted and parents would never listen to him. we see how that worked out.

quit overreacting people. it sucks. its a major phuckup. les aint the brightest bulb on the tree (seasonal reference).

but recruiting will be minimally impacted if at all. everyone is still just shellshocked.

and rightfully so.

2 people like this.
  8. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Most of the really good kids have the NFL in mind. I don't think they really give a crap about fan criticism nor airhead sunshine pumpers who think the team is equivalent to the Shroud of Turin and can't be criticized no matter how deserved or obvious. They DO however give a crap about an inept coach who makes stupid decisions and doesn't play his talent due to seniority considerations and doesn't develop his talent. That stuff can cost him millions. Our opinion costs him nothing.

9. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

I agree and in fact, I also feel sorry for him. Mad or not, I'd never wish anyone be the butt of what's coming.

Not really, I've been saying for a long time that he's no game day coach. Remember his first year against Arizona St. when he called a TO on a Landry INT? The end of the Auburn game in '07...anyone not see that for what it was, now? The SECCG vs. Tennessee when we went into the half without trying to kick a FG; Another one this year, don't remember.

Funny thing about his first game here is that, at the end of the half he runs the kick team onto the field after Russell's second down scramble when all we had to do was hurry up to the line of scrimmage, spike the ball and THEN send our kick team onto the field to kick a field goal to end the half.

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Easy now. I said opposing coaches are using it. I didn't say it was effective. That obviously remains to be seen.