Les Miles and his COWARDLY actions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Bayouuu

Bayouuu Freshman

Dont feel too sorry for Les, he is paid 4 million a year to make crucial game winning decisions, he failed badly today.

2. TigerFan87

TigerFan87 Founding Member

Depends on your point of view.

3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Either that or pass out.

4. SabanSux

SabanSux Veteran Member

Yeah, but during his first 4 years at LSU, he won us a National Title and has the #8 win percentage in the NCAA, and the #2 win percentage in the SEC (only behind FL). That's hard to beat. And I'd easily pay a man $4 million for that. Weis is getting paid more and look at ND. Stoops is getting paid more and Miles had done much better than Stoops during Miles time as LSU coach compared to Stoops during the same time as OU coach (and Stoops is playing with his own recruits, no doubt, right?).

During Miles first 4 years as LSU coach, Stoops has the #10 win percentage in the NCAA (as a Big XII team)... not as good as Les, but he gets paid more. During that time, Miles got a NC, Stoops has not... and Stoops gets paid more.

As for this year, Miles team is still in the Top 25, Stoop's team is not. And Stoops gets paid more than Miles. And so does Carroll... and look at Carroll this year. And of course, so does Weis... and look at the job he has done. And Miles has also done better than pretty much every coach out there. That is hard to beat. I don't get the hate for such a great coach.

Also, LSU started this season ranked #9/#11 and Ole Miss started out ranked #8/#9. So it's not like we lost to some scrub team.

5. razer

razer unregistered offender

this I agree with and I'd like to add this: first off, when Tolliver caught the ball and was down, there was about 3 seconds left on the clock, it is entirely possible Les is thinking (when he was making the spiking motion) that there will be enough time to spike it in order to get another play in but then realizes that the clock has run down to 1 second and then by that time, amidst all the confusion and craziness, is having to tell JJ to just run a play but it's noisy, JJ is panicked and can't make out what Les is telling him. the "signal caller", whoever that is, is going by Les' initial action of spiking the ball (probably hadn't seen a 2nd directive as it all happened so quickly) and is relaying that to JJ. I honestly think both Les and JJ are confused and unsure about the sequence of events

everything happened very quickly and in all the confusion and chaos, there was mass panic...I'm more upset about 2 things:

1. the 20 some odd seconds that ran off before the clock got to 9 seconds and a timeout was called --- terrible...if this time wasn't pissed away, we're not even discussing this other crap

2. when JJ is unable to make out what Les is saying, he needs to make a decision on his own to run a play, any play...as long as it's not a spike.

just my two cents, I'm sure someone will have something to say that will dispute all of the above.

6. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

ok, i'm going to post a quote from the comments of the youtube video that has everyone in more of an uproar than the actual clock call did. i'm not saying i agree with this youtube comment. i'm just posting it for consideration, just food for thought. hopefully you guys don't blast me for posting this.

7. soupertiger

soupertiger Founding Member

So you want the title changed simply because YOU don't like it? What about the people who disagree with you? The thread has been up for a while and Brett has posted in it so I guess he doesn't have a problem with it. You could always choose to not come to the thread.

8. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

The list is growing....
    Add Bayou Bengal and Razer!

Welcome Boys!

:geauxtige:geauxtige
    :geauxtige:geauxtige

1 person likes this.
  9. SabanSux

SabanSux Veteran Member

It just doesn't make sense from the standpoint of a reasonable person.

10. soupertiger

soupertiger Founding Member

If you're going to use a random internet poster to suggest a stance then you should at least post more than one person. This guy appears to be in the minority of people at least for the time being. I could (but am not going to) post hundreds of people ticked off about the video. To say the wheels are coming off the bus is a gross understatement.